ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault Codes on my 172 cup

Renault Clio 172 Cup
i seem to be getting the square with the zigzag through it, i had this come up twice and on the third time my engine management light came up
i plugged in the rstuner i was planning to install and it came up the following codes
DF0009 DF0126 DF0198 throttle pedal position track input 2
DF0135 brake information fault
when this came up i was climbing from low revs in 3rd and 4th gear
anybody know whats up with it or what can be done to cure it, im guessing its an electrical fault
still drives fine but goes into limp mode when this comes up, switching the ignition on and off seems to clear the limp mode
is it safe to go ahead with the rstuner 98ron map?
Jonny

Renault Clio 172 Cup
just to add to this i notice when slowing down using the engine braking and or with the clutch in it sometimes revs by itself and when cruising it would almost try to speed up by itself in small doses, ive been reading the throttle body is a common problem would this cause this?

172 Cup & Black Ph1
had to replace throttle body in mine mate mine actaully stuck at 2000rpm and cost me a police impound due to been far away from home and silly me decided to go get recovery instead of staying with car LOL, anyway i would go for throttle body in my opinion, the pedal can go too but is much rarer.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
I have this fault currently with my cup but I've changed tb, pedal, crank sensor and its still stuck in limp mode. I think on mine it will be the resistance wiring from either the pedal-ecu or tb-ecu. If the wire has broke it won't register the resistance and will chuck it straight into limp mode if there's any damage.

172 Cup & Black Ph1
yeah another thing is the tb plug's are sensitive too!! hate when i problem becomes harder to solve! lol nothing worse than it not being what u hope

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Well i had mine into renault to have a look, i also replaced the throttle body the throttle position sensor, renault found low resistance on the throttle pot and a few wires loose to the injectors so tightened them up, still doesnt work and now it looks like all thats left is the wiring harness which alone costs 480 quid and renault want another 270 to fit it f**king nightmare this as my car was up for sale lol

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There's normally a few issues with the Cups that can cause this:

Brake pedal switch
Wiring harness from pedal to ecu
Poor connection at connection R107

Couple of things to check first. I'm assuming the vehicle starts okay but the throttle pedal is NON-RESPONSIVE to movement? If so turn the car off, press and hold the brake pedal down and then start the engine.

Keep your foot firmly on the brake pedal... does the throttle pedal now work again?

Mick

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Hi mick thanks for the response the car starts fine, if i leave it over more than 2-3 weeks it dies of battery and just makes a clicking noise when trying to turnover, but never had an issue apart from that.
no i would say the throttle works perfect it is just very ittermittent the fault u could hit a bump go round a roundabout aNd sometimes it would come on but not always. The only odd thing i noticed when driving was sometimes the throttle looked like it was blipping by itself usually when cold.

What is the R107 in connection with?

Renault Clio 172 Cup
And where can this r107 be found in the car? Also im ordering a brake switch i was wondering if you know what colour the connections are? Is it a white switch with 4 connections? Im offshore at the moment so cant go and check

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
R107 is the termination code for the big connection that takes the dash loom thru to the engine bay... I'd urge you not to play in there!

From what you've said then you really need your car looking at to see what the pedal positions are reporting vs engine speed and interpruted throttle angle (and some other live data parameters). The unstable idle condition could be because of anything really like a faulty coolant temp, poor inlet seal or even a MAP fluctuation and things like that need decent equipment to be able to see properly (I've personally tried various makes of diag kit before eventually buying Renaults system and the results varied).

Honestly, my best advice would be stop guessing and replacing parts like throttle bodies and pedals and just pay to get the vehicle properly looked at by a decent diagnastician (ideally one biased in all things renault).

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Well my local renault is saying the loom but there wanting 750 quid for replacing it ive already spent 600 so im only trying to rule stuff out. Thanks for the advice tho i will pass this onto renault to help them mabe source the issue, that or i may look into a transport down to yourself as i dont have the time to fire down there

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They're saying the loom as they cannot undertake any wiring work. Take it somewhere that can