ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault Code Index?

Hi guys, engine light started flashing at me this morning in traffic, I have ordered myself an OBD reader off ebay for £25 (same one as on K-tec)

Is there a website you can look up the fault codes on?

Ta.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You know you should of text me, got an rstuner here which tells you the fault ;)

182 Ly ff.
Hi guys, engine light started flashing at me this morning in traffic, I have ordered myself an OBD reader off ebay for £25 (same one as on K-tec)

Is there a website you can look up the fault codes on?

Ta.

Mines done the same, rough as also! In garage now. Also a slight burning smell on the rear when you get out!

Nothing at the mo :(
There used to be a thread somewhere with fault codes for when you held down the button while turning the key

i cant find it :S anyone know where it is?

None
Bit of a difficult one that Matt, my brother has rough idle at the moment in his clio and we can't find the fault at all, changed just about everything too but still no joy.

Start with the obvious, check the HT leads are all plugged in correct and try bending them with engine running to see if any are damaged or worn, if so then problem will stop suddenly, we pulled one out at a time with engine running to see if the problem got worse, If not then the HT lead or coil pack may have gone on that cylinder, just remember to be careful if you do this as it's high voltage so don't let the lead come into contact with anything on the car.

Another problem someone told me about was the leads becoming trapped under the plenum chamber, the wear and movement can cause them to rub through the outer sleeve.

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
My car had a slight misfire only present at idle, took all four coil packs (1.6 16v) and they were all rusty (due to my engline cleaning habits, must admit) and once I cleaned them up and reconnected all the misfires went away...wheew

Thought 1*2 were just a tad lumpy at idle anyways? My last 2 have been and that's after new plugs, cleaned inlet mani and new leads