ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastest 1.2 16v in the world!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  VaVa

1.2 16v shoot out anyone? I can probably get a dis used airfield for an afternoon. Ill take the missuss 1.2 16v.

Best get a K&N and an Ecotek fitted if Im to stand a chance.....LOL

Seriously, considering the engine size (which is nearer 1.1 iirc 1149cc) theyre decent little motors.

1.6 16v clio priv

I drove a 1.2 1.6 and Id agree their fairly nippy. Now my girlfriends mum has one. I have a 1.6. There isnt a lot of difference until we get above 60mph. obviously my car has mor torque but the 1.2 does have a lot for a small engine and i think the weight helps it.

I did notice that the 1.2 was a lot more agile. looking at the engine though its no surprise my arse is bigger but my 1.6 is just a coke can bigger and it fills the bonnet. A nightmare to work on.

Have noticed the 1.2 can barely go above 60 going uphil with driver and 1 passenger but on the same hill my 1.6 hits 80 no prob and is still going strong when it runs out of hill

Have also noticed that with 4 passengers the 1.2 can barely do 5th at 30 on the flat but the 1.6 will still do it uphill (just, fairly fat passengers though)

Oh and I had an ecotek on my 92 1.4rt to anyone considering them dont bother or at least get the filter. The beasty induction roar advertised by ecotek is actually a shrill whistly in that car. No noticable improvement either

Quote: Originally posted by bigmonmulgrew on 08 September 2005

I drove a 1.2 1.6 and Id agree their fairly nippy. Now my girlfriends mum has one. I have a 1.6. There isnt a lot of difference until we get above 60mph. obviously my car has mor torque but the 1.2 does have a lot for a small engine and i think the weight helps it.

I did notice that the 1.2 was a lot more agile. looking at the engine though its no surprise my arse is bigger but my 1.6 is just a coke can bigger and it fills the bonnet. A nightmare to work on.

Have noticed the 1.2 can barely go above 60 going uphil with driver and 1 passenger but on the same hill my 1.6 hits 80 no prob and is still going strong when it runs out of hill

Have also noticed that with 4 passengers the 1.2 can barely do 5th at 30 on the flat but the 1.6 will still do it uphill (just, fairly fat passengers though)

Oh and I had an ecotek on my 92 1.4rt to anyone considering them dont bother or at least get the filter. The beasty induction roar advertised by ecotek is actually a shrill whistly in that car. No noticable improvement either
ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!

Please stop, i cant take anymore !

VaVa

It wasnt until you bumped it ;-)

I can stay below 3k rpm in my 172 and overtake a 1.2 16v. In fact, my 21 speed mountain bike would give one a run for its money. I could piss faster.

*bait deployed*

RS Megane DCi 175

*picks up bait*

So you are comparing a 1.2 with a 172 and slating the 1.2 as it is slower...no sh*t sherlock! You cant compare the 172 with the 1.2 - they are in different leagues, markets.

I swear some of you guys are so bitchy about the 1.2 clios as to the untrained eye few can tell the difference between a 1.2 and 172/182! Maybe thats why putting silver badges on lower specd clios is such a crime! ;)

*bait re-deployed*

1.6 16v clio priv

Quote: Originally posted by corsapower on 08 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by bigmonmulgrew on 08 September 2005

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!

Please stop, i cant take anymore !

Why do you slate clios so much when you are a member of a clio fan club. Are you one of those people who has no life and spends all day trawling through chat rooms looking for someone to sl*g off.

My girlfriend has a corsa and both my 1.2 16v, 1.6 16v and my old 1992 1.4 8v beat it so corsas obviously aint brill. Dont look too great either. Have you seen the piddly little exhaust tailpipe.

A Euro'd one...

Why are you lot slating 1.2s for? They are nippy and agile and ive embarassed a lot of bigger engined cars in mine. Most people think that ive got a Clio Sport because i know the limits of my car and i know how to get the best out of it. Last night i beat what i thought was a Golf R32 but obviously it wasnt but it had the full kit. The guy was giving it at the lights and i left him.

I also showed up my mates CLK 320 on the A406 as the Clio is light and nimble i was able to snake my way through 3 lanes in and out of cars and he stood no chance. Even he had to admit that if he didnt know it was he would have assumed it was a 2.0 litre. Did the same to a E46 3 series who tried to tail gate me on the same stretch.

This goes to show that the car is a great performer for what it is and in the right hands (ie a skillfull driver) it can severely bruise a few egos...

Scirocco GT 210

Quote: Originally posted by $torm Rider on 11 September 2005

Why are you lot slating 1.2s for? They are nippy and agile and ive embarassed a lot of bigger engined cars in mine. Most people think that ive got a Clio Sport because i know the limits of my car and i know how to get the best out of it. Last night i beat what i thought was a Golf R32 but obviously it wasnt but it had the full kit. The guy was giving it at the lights and i left him.

I also showed up my mates CLK 320 on the A406 as the Clio is light and nimble i was able to snake my way through 3 lanes in and out of cars and he stood no chance. Even he had to admit that if he didnt know it was he would have assumed it was a 2.0 litre. Did the same to a E46 3 series who tried to tail gate me on the same stretch.

This goes to show that the car is a great performer for what it is and in the right hands (ie a skillfull driver) it can severely bruise a few egos...
Its because of posts like this why people slate 1.2 clios.

MKIII 138

i have to agree a good driver counts for something.. hence the recent trophy v bmw M6 500bhp. but there is a limit. i dont mock anyones car as bascially all cars are the same 4 wheels and an engine if people wanna spend more on a car, fuel, tyres, tax, servicing + all the other costs you get with a performance motor thats fine, but the ammount you can save by running a 1.2 / 1.4 is enough per year to afford a £1500 holiday for you and your GF/BF. ive seen many rich folks around my rural village with runabouts, obviously being rich is a perspective but my mum n dads next door neighbour paid for his house in cash £700,000 !!!!! and drives a saxo.

so really i wouldnt be snooty about performance or image afterall you cant drive your car into a club, you cant take it anywhere but the roads. But iam actually worried for the 1.2 drivers when overtaking as sometimes they nearly dont make it.

((just like to add the guy with the saxo also has a fully rebuilt and race ready e-type jag with a 3.8 v6 + ITG. Carbs, caged 1000kgs 300hp RWD etc.. worth over £100,000 + a brand new Porsche GT3 RS + C32 AMG estate))

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

thing is with the 1.2 16V on a long straight road it feels fast, then you try to overtake someone on that same long straight and it doesnt feel quite as fast when you spend 10 secs in the other lane passing someone! :D

but yeah it goes fast enough for you to loose your licence LOL

Mini Cooper S sport

i was able to snake my way through 3 lanes in and out of cars and he stood no chance.
Um, I wouldnt class that as good driving. If I saw a 1.2 driving like that I wouldnt try to show him up, Id just think What an idiot!

I dont think people with bigger-engined cars would slate a 1.2 driver unless they make ridiculous claims - you need to take into consideration that perhaps these other cars you beat werent actually trying.

Beetle

my mate took me out in his 1.2 16v last night, oh my god it was amazin, never felt such raw power from a clio, its way better than my valver could ever be!! we even beat a scooby away from the lights, mind you my mates k&n probably helped cos its given him an extra 45bhp!! i was well impressed and think im gonna be tradin my valver in soon :D

;):psorry but thats what some of you sound like, i dont like slatin other peoples cars cos i dont like people doing it to my car, but please they do have limits, some of the stories some of you are sayin are just ridiculous. as RB has just said, please take into account that the other car/drivers probably werent tryin their hardest.

i will aggree with you though that they are a quick car for the class that they are in, and are much quicker and more nimble than most of the other superminis that are around, as some of you normal people say with the right driver they can be quick....
:)

1.2 airfield day!!! it would be great laugh!

Ive got a 5 door 1.2 8v and I fancy my chances against some of these scooby beating 16vs :D

also have a 2.0 kitcar, was passed by a 1.4 corsa in it and have since found out hes being going round telling all his mates that the kitcar is slow, so the amount of chavs trying to pass me now is unbelievbable! 3rd gear soon gets me to over 90 so then just put it back in 5th and wait for him to try again :devilish:

ps. this 1.4 corsa has a 35 bhp increase from a chip off ....... EBAY! so Id better be careful if he tries it on again, lol

Even he had to admit that if he didnt know it was he would have assumed it was a 2.0 litre.

LOL... he needs his head checked then. Theres no way you could confuse the two powerwise....

182 cup

well my other car my swift gti 1.3 16v would f**kin kill a 1.2 16v clio, i mean seriously embarass it!

just goes to show that a 1991 jap 1.3 can anhiliate a 1.2 2003 french car

clever little men arent they over there in japan

just my thoughts anyway

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, back in the real world.......

I never knew Clio 1.2s were so quick !

An E46 3 series ( any engine ) or a CLK320 would absolutely annihilate your 1.2. Youre obviously a compulsive liar.

Quote: Originally posted by Subway on 05 September 2005

Doesnt matter what car i am up against, i am still going to try beat it lol. Most drivers have these flash, fast cars and dont know a thing about cornering. So when the straight bit of road ends and i am not a mile behind , the round abouts and corners normally go in my favour!

I also find my car runs a lot better at night, when its nice a cool.
im sure the more dangerous risk taking people would be faster around round abouts but a lot of people with fast cars dont want to smash them up , cause accidents and lose thier license.im sure if u went on track with these people with flash cars that dont know how to drive they would show u up

how old are ya fella? i remember being 18 and having a fiesta that could spank every car on the planet!

it had a touring strip, halfords bolt on exhaust tip, jvc CD player and 6x9s! it was the daddy.....!

Valver

Why are you lot slating 1.2s for? They are nippy and agile and ive embarassed a lot of bigger engined cars in mine. Most people think that ive got a Clio Sport because i know the limits of my car and i know how to get the best out of it. Last night i beat what i thought was a Golf R32 but obviously it wasnt but it had the full kit. The guy was giving it at the lights and i left him. <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">I also showed up my mates CLK 320 on the A406 as the Clio is light and nimble i was able to snake my way through 3 lanes in and out of cars and he stood no chance. Even he had to admit that if he didnt know it was he would have assumed it was a 2.0 litre. Did the same to a E46 3 series who tried to tail gate me on the same stretch.<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">This goes to show that the car is a great performer for what it is and in the right hands (ie a skillfull driver) it can severely bruise a few egos...

Ok guys I think he is taking the piss lol i hope :S

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

i have a 1.2 16v its not quick and prob will never be quick i do think the 1.2 clios are the best small car on the road for all the equipment etc you get + free insurance and its a hard looking car on the outside with a nice feel to the interior they are nippy but im sure if any of the other cars ie the 1.4+s had given it some welly dont think our wee hairdriers would keep up

all imo obv

Martin

Engles Mummy

I never new so many 2.0 owners would get so emotional lol!

The 1.2 16v is a wicked little car. Yes compared to the ALL MIGHTY 2.0, its f**king slow but you’re completely missing the point!

But anyway, I will be at the next blue water meet, will be happy to race you fellow 2.0 GODS! (I wonder how many smart arse comments I will get back from that)

I wish someone of you though would take your head out of your arse and try being kind for once, you will see things will run a lot smoother...

Cheers, Adam

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by Subway on 11 September 2005

I never new so many 2.0 owners would get so emotional lol!

The 1.2 16v is a wicked little car. Yes compared to the ALL MIGHTY 2.0, its f**king slow but you’re completely missing the point!

But anyway, I will be at the next blue water meet, will be happy to race you fellow 2.0 GODS! (I wonder how many smart arse comments I will get back from that)

I wish someone of you though would take your head out of your arse and try being kind for once, you will see things will run a lot smoother...

Cheers, Adam
pmsl, i think most people got the point.

its overenthusiastic claims that make people take the piss fella, without these threads things would run smoother, this has been an entertaining thread though to be fair ;-)

Engles Mummy

Quote: Originally posted by Scott1987 on 11 September 2005

pmsl, i think most people got the point.

its overenthusiastic claims that make people take the piss fella, without these threads things would run smoother, this has been an entertaining thread though to be fair ;-)

thats exactly what I am talking about lol, so you have a problem with people loving there 1.2 16vs too much? So what if they think its fast lol, who are you to say its not?

Threads like this we need my good man, all this forum talks about is 2litre this, 2litre that and its getting kind of boring! Some people on this forum couldnt even give a sh*t about 1.2s or anything slower then there car. Which is actually bang out of order, this forum is not a 2 litre owners club, its a CLIO owners club...C L I O...which means, any Clio can get talked about and any Clio can be over exaggerated about! Its what drivers personally feel about there cars, I personally feel that my car is a fast car and can get beat most other lower sized engine cars. Ok yea obviously there are lower size engines cars out there which would dominate me, but it hasnt happen yet...

Adam

[Edited by Subway on 11 September 2005 at 10:12pm]

claiming that you are spanking beemers and mercs makes sound like a dick. if a beemer was tailgating you and you pulled away, i would bet both my bolloks that he could have kept up if he wanted.

172 cup'd extreme

I have many encounters with slower clios in my area young lads and even young girls in there dymaniques and extremes try having a go , what they dont know is my clio extreme is a bit faster than theirs and it brilliant watching them disapear.
At trax i had lads coming up to me saying you just got a 6.5 to 60 in a 1.2 16v ha ha

the point is anyone can drive like an idiot on public roads but most sensible people with fast cars let the nutters go and wrap themselves round a lamp post and are more carefull drivers.nobody can say they burnt off a clk in a 1.2 clio by weaving in and out of traffic.the clk man would just think what a prick and expect to see the childish knob with his car smashed up down the road and fingers crossed he wouldnt smash into a normal thoughtfull innocent person and kill them aswell.some people shouldnt have a licence

Whats the big deal with 1.2s?! Theyre not quick as has already been stated. Theyre not even particularly quick for the sector. Theyre ok cars if you dont want to pay too much fuel, tax, insurance etc but quick? LMFAO Grow up :p

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 05 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 05 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by blowyourride on 05 September 2005

i have a 1.2 with induction kit and echotech valve. when the valve is open it knocks out 0-60 in around 10 seconds. as apose to the standard 14.5. and thas with all my audio in the boot.
PMSL! I actually just fell off my chair!!!!!!!!!!! You got a 15p Resistor i mean Superchip from eBay too!
Probs got boost and nitros too sir! :p
and the in car power adjuster/ variable resistor lol

Status
Not open for further replies.