ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastest 1.2 16v in the world!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I loved my 1.2 Dynamique, it was suprisingly quick and I always raved about it. However (and this is an obvious point) when I got my 172 Cup the meaning of quick changed considerably, and I had a little chuckle about how I used to boast that my 1.2 was actually "pretty nippy", my benchmark has now been changed forever.

Great engines though and the handling was excellent, I suprised more than a few cars on the road on the twisties.

Twingo 133

Quote: Originally posted by Nightfire on 05 September 2005

Was on track at fcs lol I know there was a 1.2 that was lapping a few people, no idea how though LOL
I was on the track on the fcs in my 1.2 was it a green mk1?

My extreme is pretty nippy, off the mark ive beaten 1.6 astra and my mates saxo vtr. Not to mention corsas/fiestas/puntos (1.2 8v) erm can keep up with my mates quicksilver. thats about it

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 05 September 2005

lol the one i had only had an induction kit on it and it was pretty nippy! handled well on just spinggs 40mm. had a very unpredictable top end too! I was suprised. the 1.2 clios are nippy to tho i must agree!
LOL very underated motor the mk1 1.2 16v punto sporting engine, as quick as the older 1.6 ( i had the 16v and me mate had the 1.6) and mine JUST pulled on it, and they sounded fantastic for a 1200! awsome buzzy motor! beat many 1,4 sri/sport corsas. MINT

'18 Megane dci

I used to have an 02 1.2 Dynamique, must admit, I thought it was a perky little engine for a 1.2. :D

Quote: Originally posted by arj256 on 05 September 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Nightfire on 05 September 2005Was on track at fcs lol I know there was a 1.2 that was lapping a few people, no idea how though LOL[/QUOTE]I was on the track on the fcs in my 1.2 was it a green mk1?

Yeah, think it was you. Cant remember the colour though, but I was speechless when I was told it was a 1.2

Fastest 1.2 16v in the world must be my liar mates. He got a £250 modification done and now it puts out about 255bhp I almost couldnt control my laughter when I heard him say it...

DC5

Quote: Originally posted by dunster on 05 September 2005

Fastest 1.2 16v in the world must be my liar mates. He got a £250 modification done and now it puts out about 255bhp I almost couldnt control my laughter when I heard him say it...
Almost as bad as this kid I was talking to the other day. He has got a 1.6 astra at 110bhp. He is putting a turbo in it to give him 220bhp :p

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 05 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 05 September 2005

Although Im pretty sure Freds is the fastest 1.2 16v in the club.

only since mine went to the big scrap heap in the sky :(

ran the same power as fred, just ran a very slightly quicker 1/4 mile time (by 0.007 seconds)

pmsl i remember that day so well

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

i had a 1.2 16v courtesy car and while i thought it was quick off the mark i personally wouldnt get over carried away with it. Not meaning to stick the boot in, but I found the one i had a bit wanting on inclines.

that said guid around town and iv seen plenty out do corsa sxis but for me they are decent but not worldbeaters imo.

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by clio_zak on 05 September 2005

My extreme is pretty nippy, off the mark ive beaten 1.6 astra and my mates saxo vtr. Not to mention corsas/fiestas/puntos (1.2 8v) erm can keep up with my mates quicksilver. thats about it
a modern (and heavy) 1.6 Astra I can understand but I used to have a late mk2 Paxo VTR and never had real problems with Clio 1.2 16vs. Its 1.6 (90bhp) Vs 1.2 (75bhp) plus the Saxo is lighter. Id put a VTRs performance between a 1.4 and 1.6 tbh. Also a pug (106 or 206) quiksilver is 1.4 8v 75bhp so shouldnt really cause you a problem.

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 05 September 2005
Bryans was the quickest iirc LOL - there are york strips to prove it!

;-)

/y0z

i thank you :D

Quote: Originally posted by night.icon on 05 September 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 05 September 2005Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 05 September 2005 Although Im pretty sure Freds is the fastest 1.2 16v in the club.
[/QUOTE]
only since mine went to the big scrap heap in the sky :(

ran the same power as fred, just ran a very slightly quicker 1/4 mile time (by 0.007 seconds) pmsl i remember that day so well[/QUOTE]

was an amazing day, one cliosport must recall for future events at some point :)

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 05 September 2005

but I found the one i had a bit wanting on inclines.
Ah yes, I remember now. Second gear and struggling without a big run up on one particular hill I drive every so often, first time I did it in the Cup I never left 5th.

3 passengers in the 1.2 up a steep incline was quite amusing!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

ive got a speced 1.2 16v, then engine seemed to open up at 50k, got 87 bhp at the n/w rr day that was with no decat or bb presure regulator, then had a basic re map at mdc tuning, had it on the rollers before and after n got 96bhp, since the 50k mark the car seems much different, there not quick but there good for the engine, i had mien on oulten park n with the set up did very well. lol

the car is no for sale http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4573396100&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4573396100&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

^ Loves ur listing, handles like a go-kart "No body roll at all" Since when did a kart have a Shell or suspension! ha.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

a vtr will take a 1.2 no problems at all.

ben p 96bhp for a 1.2 is awesome if its not bs. thats the same bhp as a 1.4

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

yer......at the n/w rollin day i got near 90, n that was just with a cat back n filter. since then well uve seen the list...........u just have to hammer them mien always see 6200 rpm at least 5 times per drive lol

Fiesta Mk4 (97-99) 1.25 Zetec. 16v, 950kg, approx. 75-85bhp standard.

Heres mine, Click">http://www.zippyvideos.com/8162105518225
Lol, about 10secs on that vid, not 9. The Fiesta is consistantly 1 to 1.5 seconds faster to 60 than my previous low mileage Clio 1.4 mk1 phase3 on the gtech pro-meter.

Times are not accurate on it for sure but the Clio got 10.6s at best on a slight downhill, Fiesta did it in 9.13s on a flat. Id guess there are at least a second quicker than is accurate lol :D

Acceleration in 5th is where the Clio 1.4 felt quicker though :)

I love Clios and I love fiestas so im not bias either, I still want an RS Clio!

I know some people think they look odd, but they have potential...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/ricjax99/Photoshops/chicane_track.jpg

Quote: Originally posted by LordH on 05 September 2005

i think id agree, the 1.2 16vs are well sharp for such a small engine, have outdone a 1.8td astra van on the m3 not so long ago..... :D

:eek: Surely not ?

An astravan? the pinnicle of automotive performance ?

Incredible, and here was me thinking 1.2s were slower than a fortnight in the jail.

Quote: Originally posted by blowyourride on 05 September 2005

i have a 1.2 with induction kit and echotech valve. when the valve is open it knocks out 0-60 in around 10 seconds. as apose to the standard 14.5. and thas with all my audio in the boot.

Congratulations.

You win post of the month.

Scirocco GT 210

Quote: Originally posted by ricjax99 on 06 September 2005

Fiesta Mk4 (97-99) 1.25 Zetec. 16v, 950kg, approx. 75-85bhp standard.

Fiesta did it in 9.13s on a flat.
Oh Silentbob :cry:

;)

Remapped derv Golf

Just wanna know who it was in the 1.2 16v that my mate Jim beat during his day at work?

He drives coaches

lol!

Engles Mummy

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 06 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Subway on 05 September 2005

I also find my car runs a lot better at night, when its nice a cool.
So does every internal combustion engine lol!
my bad! :oops:

I think its good that we talk about the slower cars at the other end of the market, after all... its where we all started!

Plus on a track or corners its not all about speed, take fred for example...his little 1.2 was having most sports round the track!

RS Megane DCi 175

I have a 1.2 but I am not delusional about its capabilities. But what I dont get is why slate it? Everyone knows its not the fastest car on the road etc, but take it for what it is - good looks, cheap to run and insure. Not hard to see why they are popular.

We all drive Clios at the end of the day, cant we all just get along?
;)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

spose mate, just a few unusual boasts about them.

I agree its still a clio and some of the folk i know off here have the dynamiques etc so have :D for em all

When I passed my test last year I drove my mums 1998 1.2 8v Clio RN. Felt quite fast at the time, used to drive it like I stole it though. At the time the handling felt great, very positive, lots of understeer but I learnt to drive fast round bends in it. Managed to beat some faster cars just because I could go round corners fast.

Anyway got the Valver. Get in the 1.2 now fookin hell its so slow its dangerous. There is absolutely no sensation of acceleration. The body rolls so much I think the sills are gonna scrape on the floor, and the steering is so vauge its like understeering.

As a final point, I used to race from traffic lights against slightly faster cars (usually a 1.6 variant of a hatchback driven by a woman going to do the shopping) and theyd pull away from me. Only realised when I got the Valver that they werent actually putting their foot down lol.

Although I mock them, they are probably one of the best first cars ever.

See ya

Matt

ha ha ha ha...

if an ecotech knocks 4.5 seconds off of a 0-60 time... maybe we should do a group buy... wed all be easy 3 secs to 60....

blowyourride... have you thought about fitting 2 to your car... you get 5.5 secs to 60 then surely?

and lordH there is no way you beat an astra van thats just crazy!!!! i thought they were one of the fastest car/van under 20k on the road

Quote: Originally posted by ben_p on 06 September 2005

ive got a speced 1.2 16v, then engine seemed to open up at 50k,
your rite youhave mate... most clios only go to about 7k ish.... no wonder yours is such a beast... 50k is unreal...

Status
Not open for further replies.