ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastchip ??

RB clio 182
Is there website broken ?

I want to remap my car but I cant access the website.

Just got my RStuner and wanted to get started :(

Can see why they would shut things down for xmas or anything...

Any ideas ??

RB clio 182
very strange.....

They better not have "vanished" after ive just bought it from them.

Maybe just having an issue.

Do they even have a phone number ??

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If he has decided to throw in the towel (seems VERY unlikely!) that'll certainly drop the value of used RS Tuners, lol

Should think its just an IT feckup of some sort.

RB clio 182
If he has decided to throw in the towel (seems VERY unlikely!) that'll certainly drop the value of used RS Tuners, lol

Should think its just an IT feckup of some sort.

Hope he hasnt !!

really wanted to get it done before this weekend .... :S

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
They'll be a black market in shared RST & Cal files on here in no time if he's jacked it in.

Probably just getting maintenance or repairs over xmas.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hope he hasnt !!

really wanted to get it done before this weekend .... :S

Have you bought a new unit?

If so it is unlocked, so if you can find someone to give you the files you need, then you still will be able to do so, you only actually need fastchip's input when it comes to unlocking a secondhand unit.

RB clio 182
Yeah its a new unit.
ahh ok, so all the files are the same?

Thought they gave you an ecu update or something?

Actually, dont you need the latest RStuner software for the box itself ?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot about the unlock codes, I got mine new years ago.

If you've bought it from Henk then it shouldn't be a problem to get the files you need,
including the firmware.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
On the older units the files work for any ECU of the same type (ie dont try and put a phase 1 on a 182 etc), I dont have a newer unit so cant confirm if that is the same situation or not.

RB clio 182
its a new unit.

Looks like im going to have to wait a while unfortunately then unless fastchip happen to be online on the forum lol.

Have you bought a new unit?

If so it is unlocked, so if you can find someone to give you the files you need, then you still will be able to do so, you only actually need fastchip's input when it comes to unlocking a secondhand unit.

All the new units now come locked u have to email him the codes when u plug it in to get the unlock code (I just bought one last month)

106GTI / NovaC20LET
The site will just be down mate. henk is a top bloke, fire him a email I wouldn't expect much till after Christmas tho usual takes him a day or 2 to reply. I wouldn't worry tho you'll get your map :)

New units also have the map wrote/coded for that specific unit. So someone sending you the map may well not work! Yet to confirm it yet but seems it from the problems that have arose on here latley..

So file sharing may be a no go on the newr versio.ns

New units also have the map wrote/coded for that specific unit. So someone sending you the map may well not work! Yet to confirm it yet but seems it from the problems that have arose on here latley..

So file sharing may be a no go on the newr versio.ns

To be honest, I think that has been a wise move by Henk.

Lots of RSTuners are sold on here with the maps he created/modified e-mailed over and he gains no profit from these.

Judging by the way my mates 98RON mapped Cup now leaves me for dust, when beforehand we used to be neck-and-neck, I'd have no issues paying for a map.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest, I think that has been a wise move by Henk.

Lots of RSTuners are sold on here with the maps he created/modified e-mailed over and he gains no profit from these.

Judging by the way my mates 98RON mapped Cup now leaves me for dust, when beforehand we used to be neck-and-neck, I'd have no issues paying for a map.

I've got one of the original boxes and i've had my map on there for years.

So are the new maps that much better than the old ones,
or was your mates car standard before?

I've got one of the original boxes and i've had my map on there for years.

So are the new maps that much better than the old ones,
or was your mates car standard before?

My mates Cup was on a standard map beforehand but IIRC it pushed 174BHP on the rollers. He had it stripped (Recaro Evo front seats, no rear bench) and we were neck and neck up the motorway.

He got his RS Tuner and whilst I was waiting for 5K he was taking off. By the time I got to 5K it was too late as he was a fair bit ahead.