ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastchip- RS runer (Review)

172 cup
Service:-
First off I’d like to say a big thank you to Henk who was very helpful and his customer service is second to none. Every email I sent was replied to very quickly and seemed only willing to help with any queries or problems I have had.

I ordered the RS Tuner Tuesday and it arrived early Friday morning; the box contains the VCI block and two cables and no software as this is all available for download via the website easily.

Installation/Ease of use:-
Easy to connect up, just a USB cable and a cable that goes into the ECU. Installation of the software is just as easy as anything else but beware this will not work with Vista. So don’t even bother trying really, you just have to click “connect” and then turn the ignition on. This is where I had a problem as I in all my wisdom started the engine also. This led to me not being able to “read ECU” and “write ECU” after a few emails to Henk I realised that was the problem. Also another thing, the VCI locks to your car’s VIN number so it cannot be used on any other car unless it has been unlocked. You can however request unlock codes from Henk by supplying him with the code that is on the “About” tab within the software.

Features:-
There are a number of tests that you can do, for example you can test the fuel pump, shift light and a number of various other things. With the engine on you can monitor a number of engine characteristics and record logs of the data which you can send off to Henk if needs be.
Obviously the most interesting thing is the ECU read/write functions; firstly I read the standard ECU and saved it as a backup. This takes around 15 minutes, I then wrote the group N ECU which I downloaded from the site, and this again takes around 15 minutes. I emailed Henk to find out which was the correct one as I wasn’t sure.

All seemed fine and I decided to go test to see if there was any difference at all. Now obviously I’m not going to say the car is much faster as it isn’t but it does seem much smoother and the power delivery defiantly feels better and this combined with the higher rev limit makes the car much better in my opinion. Low down torque seemed better also but that could just be the cold weather more than anything. I took the car out for around 15 minutes to get it warmed up before putting my foot down too much as I usually do.

Conclusion:-
I am very happy with the product and for the price I’d recommend it to anyone with light modifications. Obviously people with more hardcore things like cams etc obviously a live map is the way to go. Henk knows his stuff and I can tell that this is only the early stages for the RS Tuner and I’ve spotted no problems with the product up to yet. There is lot of potential for this!

Sorry for the long post I just thought people may find it useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Audi TT 225
Sounds awesome!

Im wondering if the same software is used to program the ECU for the mb turbo kit?

172 cup
Sorry if the post has appeared strange i dont know why, i think its because i wrote it in word first of.

Audi TT 225
Yep mate dont cut an paste from word ;)

I wouldn't mind getting one of these but Im seriously considering the turbo kit once Ive paid off some other crap so it might be a waste of money...
Unless they use the same stuff to map the ecu for turbo

172 cup
Yep mate dont cut an paste from word ;)

I wouldn't mind getting one of these but Im seriously considering the turbo kit once Ive paid off some other crap so it might be a waste of money...
Unless they use the same stuff to map the ecu for turbo

i've sorted it now lol well ChrisR did anyway

Thanks mate

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Why do you not get a RR done?

We all know what this product does now, but no ones proven the remap provides ANY gains!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

We all know what this product does now, but no ones proven the remap provides ANY gains!

Exactly, once mine arrives and I'm happy the map is likely to be the best I'll get out of it I'll be arranging a trip :) Might not be 'till next month though.

172 cup

To be honest im not really bothered about getting a rolling road done, hopefully someone else will but it feels better to me.

I wrote the review to just show my own personal experience thats all.

Audi TT 225
Would be best to go to a RR with your laptop, do one run, load the map then do the second run.

Be interesting to see the results

RS RIP
Service:-
First off I’d like to say a big thank you to Henk who was very helpful and his customer service is second to none. Every email I sent was replied to very quickly and seemed only willing to help with any queries or problems I have had.

I ordered the RS Tuner Tuesday and it arrived early Friday morning; the box contains the VCI block and two cables and no softwar
e as this is all available for download via the website easily.

Installation/Ease of use:-
Easy to connect up, just a USB cable and a cable that goes into the ECU. Installation of the software is just as easy as anything else but beware this will not work with Vista. So don’t even bother trying really, you just have to click “connect” and then turn the ignition on. This is where I had a problem as I in all my wisdom started the engine also. This led to me not being able to “read ECU” and “write ECU” after a few emails to Henk I realised that was the problem. Also another thing, the VCI locks to your car’s VIN number so it cannot be used on any other car unless it has been unlocked. You can however request unlock codes from Henk by supplying him with the code that is on the “About” tab within the software.

Features:-
There are a number of tests that you can do, for example you can test the fuel pump, shift light and a number of various other things. With the engine on you can monitor a number of engine characteristics and record logs of the data which you can send off to Henk if needs be.
Obviously the most interesting thing is the ECU read/write functions; firstly I read the standard ECU and saved it as a backup. This takes around 15 minutes, I then wrote the group N ECU which I downloaded from the site, and this again takes around 15 minutes. I emailed Henk to find out which was the correct one as I wasn’t sure.

All seemed fine and I decided to go test to see if there was any difference at all. Now obviously I’m not going to say the car is much faster as it isn’t but it does seem much smoother and the power delivery defiantly feels better and this combined with the higher rev limit makes the car much better in my opinion. Low down torque seemed better also but that could just be the cold weather more than anything. I took the car out for around 15 minutes to get it warmed up before putting my foot down too much as I usually do.

Conclusion:-
I am very happy with the product and for the price I’d recommend it to anyone with light modifications. Obviously people with more hardcore things like cams etc obviously a live map is the way to go. Henk knows his stuff and I can tell that this is only the early stages for the RS Tuner and I’ve spotted no problems with the product up to yet. There is lot of potential for this!

Sorry for the long post I just thought people may find it useful.

about the Vista ; I mailed Henk with the question if it was able to run on Vista, he said no broblem, there's a version supporting Vista