ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Farnborough locals meet idea

Audi A3
Hi all,

After the thread in the spotted section with numerous locals popping up, feel its time to get a
meet thread on the go!

Seen a suggestion for April so far, just out the nastier weather season! A good shout, anybody else who has any ideas on another time/ get a date, time and location set down... Let the ball roll.

All welcome of course!

James

Megane 275 trophy006
I'll try and make it but I get like 1 weekend off a month :)
Need to head somewhere where there's a bit of parking as it seems there are quite a few of us in the area.

Audi A3
Evenings during the week any good for people or would a weekend be optimal? Indeed need a decent venue sorted too, maybe somewhere that requires a nice drive to enjoy!

Full Fat 182
I suggested a weekend originally as it's the usual time people have off.. I work shift hours so I'm free at all sorts of times :) I know a month in advance or more what I'm working so if someone suggests a date I can look into it if you guys fancy meeting up sooner? Could just have a meal or something around Fboro, maybe Hungry Horse? Talk Clio's, Fboro gate massive etc? :cool:

Megane 275 trophy006
If we end up at the Gloucester hungry horse that'll be the shortest drive ever for me. It would actually be quicker to walk it :p
I do shifts as well but know a few weeks in advance. Can do most evenings barring the week I do nights so I'm pretty flexible too.

Can always meet up at farnborough gate and then go onto the A331 for a run a junction up and head to harvester in camberly (kings head) so you get a small drive?

RB 182 FF
I'm new to the forum and in the military. Currently based in bordon, Hampshire. Would be up for some meets, sooner the better!

Audi A3
Good shout for food somewhere! :) Aviod the farnborough gate massive i think ;) haha i jest, but yeah something like the hungry horse or harvester would be a good choice i think!

Full Fat 182
I'll be at that Fboro Hungry Horse Saturday night... gotta put on some pounds somehow :D Hopefully also by then I'll have my nice shiny new decatted RS192 on the car :)

So shall we set a date then chaps? I'm gunna say provisionally Saturday 1st March, 6pm, The Quays in Mytchett (GU16 6DS)

Purely provisional... any and all suggestions / ideas welcome

172 cup turbo
I'll be at that Fboro Hungry Horse Saturday night... gotta put on some pounds somehow :D Hopefully also by then I'll have my nice shiny new decatted RS192 on the car :)

So shall we set a date then chaps? I'm gunna say provisionally Saturday 1st March, 6pm, The Quays in Mytchett (GU16 6DS)

Purely provisional... any and all suggestions / ideas welcome

ok with me

2005 182 cliosport
Ahh not the quays...i have a certain ex girlfriend i dont want to run into that works there.....

Full Fat 182
ok... I was just thinking somewhere we can fit the cars and have a quick drink if we're waiting on people. Other options could be The Swan near the Tech College... or the Thatched Cottage near the Sixth Form? Got any ex girlfriends lurking in either of them Sparky?!

172 cup turbo
mines not really turbo. its a fake turbo spinning under the bonnet :clown:. well ill pop down but wanna have a play with someone and see the difference between non turbo and turbo. havent raced a clio yet

Full Fat 182
Im fairly local whats the plan?

Meeting Saturday 1st March 6pm. No further plans made yet but we were discussing maybe driving somewhere close by..ish

I'd suggest we all meet at either the Thatched Cottage (GU14 8NU) or in the large front area of Kingsmead car park (the one opposite the bus stops... think it's Kingsmead)?

Full Fat 182
What kind ? Mine will be a miltek

Mines an RS192. I'm not into lots of noise and it's not massively noisy. I got the decat at no extra cost so it was a no brainer when considering whether to leave it out and have a normal sounding exhaust or put it on and create some giggle factor :)

2005 182 cliosport
Guta love the giggle factor ;) hopefully mine will make my car even noisier....the neighbours arent moaning enough