ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Farewell Clio..

M16a
Well after 2 & 1/2 years of ownership, the time has come for me to change from my clio.

Yes, It's only a 1.2 8v Campus, but it's my first car and has served me well for 45,000+ miles.

A few pictures of when I feel it was at it's prime..

IMG_0014-1.jpg

40338_454755722811_646337811_6191088_7898602_n.jpg

And now, for something with a bit more poke, reliability and better build quality.

'59 Suzuki Swift Sport in Silky Silver..

swiftsport2.jpg

swiftsport3.jpg

swiftsport4.jpg

swiftsport.jpg

It's a good step up for me being 20 and unable to fund the insurance hike for a 197/200.

Thanks for looking,
Graeme

Disastra Coupe
I do really like the look of these tbh. Tried to persuade the ex to get one instead of the Beetle.

However i don't think silver is the best colour for them.

Nice though :)

M16a
Yeah, I agree on the colour choice but for the deal I was offered, it was the last thing I would complain about. (I would've picked red given the choice)

Thanks Dan, it's such a great little car, hugely spacious inside. Even more so than the 5 seat campus actually.
It's by no means fast in a straight line, but for entertainment value it's fantastic.

M16a
Thanks for all the comments, Seems to have a decent following!

In regards to a step up, I'm used to driving all sorts of cars briefly so it will take me time to "properly" adjust to it.

I really like the interior, It's all well screwed together and the finish is great. Plus the clio is hardly the lap of luxury inside..

Couldn't justify £1000+ on insurance on a 197/200 plus I wouldn't go for an older car (1*2) as I wanted something that will do me for the next 2-3 years that will also offer some entertainment on a back road.

Plans, well.. I say I will be keeping it standard, but no doubt I will want to lower it, plus I think it might look well on Amphasite wheels though..

Disastra Coupe
How come so many people on here say Amphasite?

Athracite!! Lol.

Tbf, a little lower and darker wheels will probably set it of nicely :)

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
there a great car, my girlfriend went for the 1.5 vvt and not the sport in the end. Its a toyota engine in them so pretty much bullet proof. great cars

Evo 6, E92 320d
My mum has one in red, great looking car but I hated driving it, there is no feedback through the pedals, maybe i'm just used to heavier pedals though.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
there a great car, my girlfriend went for the 1.5 vvt and not the sport in the end. Its a toyota engine in them so pretty much bullet proof. great cars
The engine in them is a Suzuki M16a engine, not a Toyota one ;) Still bomb proof though.

Nice car mate, I nearly bought one after I had an ignis but I went for a 197 instead haha

120d M Sport
I love how clio owners are conneisseurs of interior design and quality. Looks fine to me.

Nice car mate. Evo rated the one they tested long term.

Last edited:
  M16a
Thanks for the feedback so far, I shall start on the progress when I finally get it on Tuesday.

Feedback is fine, you could maybe do with a little more through the steering wheel but it still is very good I personally feel.

Yeah it has the M16a and the only weak point seems to be the gearboxes but only on the earlier models.

Plans will be maybe to drop it on 45mm Eibachs, Simota Induction, possibly either a Milltek/HKS exhaust and powdercoat the wheels "Amphasite" and a few subtle mods that I shall wait until I have done to show you all.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The gearbox isn't too bad but it wont handle a big power hike, which isn't too much of a problem though as engine mods on it are very rare and also seriously expensive.

I enjoyed having one for the day, but I was happier when I got back in my Ignis it was I guess the same argument as on here between 172 and 197 etc. Although the really annoying thing for me on the swift was the traction control that couldn't be turned off :(

M16a
True, I'm not in pursuit of huge power from it anyway, plus it loves to have the backside revved of it!

No, you can turn off the TC, just need to hold the button for about 5-10 seconds then it fully disables. The button is down by the handbrake.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Ive got one of these, very much like yours!

Been meaning to post some pics, must say its awesome! really impressed, ive come from 197's 182s etc and still think its good. Its not the fastest in a straight line but feels great in the corners. Ride is on the firm side but not crashy. Feels well put together.

Im getting 36mpg out of mine with a mixture of driving, seems to run a lot better on super unleaded surprisingly!

Jak

Renault clio 2002
love this, thinking of getting one of these or a c2, keep us updated on what you think of this

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
love that. i recommended one to a friend, despite only having driven one 20 metres. red would be best, but silver aint the end of the world

this one is off a site i go on, looks great apart from the stickerbombing and bike rack

images

M16a
Yeah I've seen that one on Swiftowners, It's the 1.3 GLX IIRC.

Well I picked her up this evening and well.. It's Fabulous.
Loves to be revved and is extremely comfy after the lowered clio, still a slightly hard ride though it must be said.

Feels very surefooted and has acres of space inside. It faces the big test tomorrow. The commute.

I will update this with pictures/modifications as and when ( If a mod could include something along the lines of Swift sport progress etc. in the title it would be appreciated)

M16a
So I've had the Sport a month or so now, and I'm pleased to report it's absolutely brilliant.!

Apart from a Cracked rear seat frame (which has now been fixed FOC by the dealer) it is spot on.

I am averaging around 37-40 mpg on my daily commute, which is a lot of Dual carriage ways, 30mph zones and 60mph country roads so a huge mix of driving everyday.

So, here she is a month on nice and clean but still no mods yet as I've been skint since I bought it.

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

Next that will happen to it will be the wheels done in Plastidip in Anthracite..