ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

farecla g6 vs g3

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
just wondered everyones opinions on farecla g6 i have always used g3 before which was ok but very messy and took ages to get the compound of.. recently iv been using the g6 with the g6 mop pad and its loads better you use it dry as apposed to wet with g3 so is alot cleaner and no need to wash of what ever you have buffed after polishing which is a must with g3.
iv also found it gives a better shine than g3 aswell... which normally the higher up you go its more of a polish/ wax than a cuttin compound.

just wondered if anyone else had used it and there thoughts on it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl!

It's used in bodyshops with mops. I should know, they use it in mine sometimes.

Get the 3M range or some menz samples. They come in 250ml from most places mate.

Dodgy one
I've recently got our boss to scrap off G3 and get 3ms fast cut plus, Seems to be miles ahead on old paint and doesnt leave half as many holograms while still giving a good cut.

I use (not everyone likes it lol) Green top (fast cut), Yellow top (cant remember its in boot of my car lol) and blue top (ultrafina)

On fresh paint theres no difference between the two ive found though.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
yeah iv been using it on flatted paint to buff up. iv nto had any problems with it tho it looks spot on. not tried the 3m stuff may give thata blast will it cut up aswell as g3 does ?

yeah iv been using it on flatted paint to buff up. iv nto had any problems with it tho it looks spot on. not tried the 3m stuff may give thata blast will it cut up aswell as g3 does ?

It has more control, as you can use specific grades. G3 is like a blind man with a polisher. You have no idea how quickly it's cutting.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
yeah thats the only thing i dislike about g3 although i am used to it as its mainly what i use, never really had a problem with it going through etc .

Not really talking about going through buddy, more how much paint you remove each time. The art of machine polishing is to remove swirls and UDS with the least amount of paint depth loss possible.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
ahh right i get you.. yeah i suppose there is that factor but i was mainly on about using it for bringing up flatted back paint