ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*fap...fap* sound

Clio RS 2 ph1
ClioII RS phI 172. 140.000km on the clock. When I drove this weekend, al of a sudden I heared a *fap* sound. I drove to the side of the road, thought I had a flat tyre (although I didn't feel anything through the steeringwheel). But no flat tyre. I drove home, and the sound slightly became worse over 10 km. Put the car on my bridge, didn't see anything unnusual. A little bit of gearbox oil that leaks. I started the car and went through al gears, but no noise. Drove on the street again and there was the noise again.
So:
-The sound goes with the wheels, not with the engine rpm.
-when I slightly brake it goes away
-when you push high in revs (+4000 rpm) and release the gas pedal it also dissapears for a moment.

I think that when I place it with the wheels off the floor and let it run, there aren't enough "powers" to unlock a noise. If I have time I try to put one wheel of and one wheel one the ground.

If anyone has a clou, shoot!

BG 182
i had the same. a very repetitive sound which went with the speed of the wheels? have you checked the plastic trim at the front underneath? i eventually solved it by accident, took the front passenger wheel off and on again and somehow it fixed it.

Clio RS 2 ph1
After doing some more tests to see what was the problem (looking for the brakes, if there was any plastic rubbing on the wheel,...) I came to the conclusion that I didn't know what it was. All I could think of was something in my gearbox/diff.
So I took the car for a little treashing to see if the sound would be increase. And it did.
And so I finally found out the problem. My wheelbolts where loose... *multiple faceplant*
Don't understand how that comes. 2000km ago I changed my front tyres with 2 new Pilot sport III. I cleaned up the hub, a little coppergrease and tightened the bolts with 120 Nm (even dubbelchecked that, like I always do)

Anyway, cheapest reparation ever!