ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO ppl with Canon 70-200 L lenses

Canon 70-200L Lens

ok i`ve been looking into this lens for a few weeks now and i know some of you guys have this lens, So i would like to hear it from you guys? or anyone else.

At the moment i`m unsure what to go for....

F4 or the F4 IS?

i`ve also looked an the 2.8F but they seem to be fairly rare.. and the 2.8F IS is just out my price range.

So apart for the Price which one should i go for and why.... I will be using this lens for general use shooting at the Zoo and Motorsport.

Cupra
If you can stretch to it, I would go for the IS. It is weather sealed too which is a bonus! I think the IS on the 70-200's allows for horizontal panning too, it just reduces vertical movement.

weather sealing is only really use on a body with weather sealing

f4is will be more use over here than the f4 but the 2.8 will be just as usefull as teh is really imho

106 GTi
I have the old 70-200 f4 I have had for a few years, I love the fact it is nice and light, and produces nice sharp images. I find it to short for m/sport stuff at times for much other than pans, though if you choose you spots with it you it is fine. Most of the times I did use it was with a 1.4 Extender on.

I bought a 300mm IS f4 soon after getting the 70-200 which means I have hardly used the later in comparison.

Tough call, I'd consider seeing how cheap you could get a 2nd hand f4, its a good lens, there are occasions where I wish I had the IS but they are far and few between.

GW RS200
I can't think of an occassion I *wouldn't* want IS! - 2 stops or four times the shutter speed is a no brainer if you can stretch the extra cash. I have it on a lens and it's something I'd never want to be without again if I can help it.

Blueprinted 172 Ph1
2.8 IS FTW lol

but the F4 is a amazing lens for the price, I was using one at Silverstone at the weekend cant fault it really!