ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO - Cliosport.net old-timers

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
My old 172, I think someone has written it off now though as it's not been taxed for a few years.

RenaultClioSport172CompleteArchive77.gif

RenaultClioSport172CompleteArchive71.gif

RenaultClioSport172CompleteArchive96.gif

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I guess i'm a fairly old timer -

17's on a Clio 16v. It was cool when i was 18 -

myvalver.gif

Of course the hybrid

clo8-1.gif

Standard 16v -

DSCF1413.jpg

and of course the 182 -

b0783b29.jpg

I cant think if i've had any others..

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
My first car

dawnspix221.jpg

dawnspix296.jpg

Then got this 2 years later

dawns476.jpg

dawns185.jpg

dawns119.jpg

Then 1 year later got this beast

dawns197136.jpg

dawnsmod044.jpg

Photo1001-1.jpg

Photo1003.jpg

Photo1121.jpg

Sold that 9 months later for the vee & the rest is history! :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Old timers would probably be 2000-2005 IMHO.

Ten years for me in a couple of months.
(Even if I was a user of the site under another name before that)

Thanks to everyone that's posted. Thread really made me smile.

Also, there's a hell of a lot of loyalty to both CS (once people have moved on to other brands) but also to clio/renault themselves. So many people who started with a 1.2 ten years ago, and are still here now in a 200/Meg/the same car!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Bought this standard in 2004 paid 7.5k for it!!!

It ended up looking like this, H&R Coilovers Recaros and some other bits and bobs

This was circa 2006,

cup1206008.jpg

cup1206014-1.jpg

Sold it for this around 2007, again was standard when purchased, then ended up like this, owned it 6 months lol.

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

(prefered it on the Cupped rims if i'm honest!)

DSC01297.jpg

Sold that for the 197 Jan 2008 (again standard when bought) Ended up on H&R coilovers, and added Recaros + Speedlines

DSC04354.jpg

197310509093.jpg

DSC04557.jpg

Then sold that for another cup

047.jpg

022.jpg

038.jpg

sold that, and Sept 2010 ended up with this lol

DSC04810.jpg

DSC04797.jpg

Only mod is KW V1 Coilovers. Think this is a keeper for now, saving up for a house whilst renting is sloooow lol!

I guess i'm a fairly old timer -

17's on a Clio 16v. It was cool when i was 18 -

myvalver.gif

Of course the hybrid

clo8-1.gif

Standard 16v -

DSCF1413.jpg

and of course the 182 -

b0783b29.jpg

I cant think if i've had any others..

My brother bought that standard valver^^ off a lad in cleveland (i think) may have been you?? it no longer exists now though as it self combusted some how lol.

Shame

Who would slate every single Clio on the site? Who i ask!

Me? :S Or other people that have moved on?

I'll definitely be coming back to Clio at some point and my GF has my old 182, so I'd very rarely criticise unless someone comes on wanting gangsta' tintz or advice on how best to go about sticker bombing their engine!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Thanks to everyone that's posted. Thread really made me smile.

Also, there's a hell of a lot of loyalty to both CS (once people have moved on to other brands) but also to clio/renault themselves. So many people who started with a 1.2 ten years ago, and are still here now in a 200/Meg/the same car!

Indeed. Very interesting. I've gone from my BG Clio 182 to an Impreza P1, then a WR1, then an E46 M3 back to the Clio 182. It's clearly the best.

Or was the best option taking into account a lot of life factors... LOL.

Great little cars though.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
You're just scunnered because you bought a 306 GTi rather than another Phase 1 like you should have.

Never buy the same car twice unless its a Clio, you should know this Gazareth ;) x
The 306 is a dedicated track car, so doesn't count.

I've got my eye on another 172, a stone throw from my house. ;)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I wouldn't consider myself an old-timer even though I've been on CS for over 5 years.

Mainly posting my old Monaco 172 to warn newer members not to buy it, I pity whoever owns it now :eek:

OultonRS01.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

ffcab5a9.jpg

Last edited:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I first joined Cliosport in 2000, I had a black Clio 'valver' lowered, rolling on 17" TSW Venoms :D

The club back then was littered with 16v models with the introduction of the Mk1 172 coming out. I think Nick and Jas ran the club back then.

Ill have to dig out a pic

VRS
my dynamique from when i first joined at the end of 2004, its a bad picture as i didnt have a digital camera back then lol:

clio.jpg

picked up my RB in 2005 as a young 8 month old and nicely run in:

IMG_0239.jpg

spent too many hours cleaning and tweaking it to this:

june2007005.jpg

june2007006.jpg

Sold the RB to Luke (The Boosh) in April 09

Last edited by a moderator:
  Phase 2 172 Sport
Well the name im using on here isn't my original as i grew up but along long time ago back in early 2004 i was DownSouthClio. So I have had an account for a long long time just didn't really post for a while. I'll try and post a few pics up so here goes.

dsc00016xw8.jpg

By gskingsbury at 2007-10-04

84276b41.jpg

By gskingsbury at 2012-07-25

IMG-20120713-00561.jpg

There was another very very Max Power special edition clio that was 1st in the list but I cannot find any pictures of it. Not like im ashamed or any thing.

Thanks Gav.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I forgot about my first Clio (the one I joined CS with):

Clio2000.gif

This one I know is still on the road, although it's pretty much back to standard now excluding the spoiler.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I REMEMBER THAT! WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO MY 205GTI BTW? oops caps

I spent about £1,000 rebuilding the engine, overhauling the suspension. Without a doubt the best handling car I have ever owned that 205! Then the cam decided to try and leave the block, I was devastated. Went to a restorer. Don't know where it is now!

014.jpg

Ahh! The Green Sheep.

I know my 1.4 is for sale locally Jon, if you buy yours then I'll buy mine ;)

So surprised at how well remembered that car is! John, if I someone told me where the car was, I would be round there today to make an offer, regardless of condition!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
It's taxed till the end of this year, so could be rolling about somewhere! That car was a true product of this forum, ideas and parts from a wealth of members at the time.