ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO BenR

Lionel Richie

Ben, you seem to know your stuff, ive just fitted 60mm Pi springs to my clio, and on the rear springs the middle 4 coils are touching (6 coils in total i think)!!! Is this bad??? If you sit on the boot the car still bounces up and down, so there is some travel in the springs.

Thanks

hmm, not having dealt with that rear suspension personally, i wouldnt really know. But what did they lok like when they were in the box, did teh middle springs seem close when they were not stressed?
are they progressive? if they are, progressive springs are meant to have teh tighter or closer coils at the top, not in the middle? the spring on all the cars i have seen have evenly spaced coils..weird.

Lionel Richie

They were evenly spaced off the car and then they are together on the car!!! i think ill give Pi a ring