ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fancyplates

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Not fussed to be honest, was a tiny 3/4 plate. Knew it was illegal when I fitted it. Always said when i get pulled for it I would replace it.

Got pulled, worked my charm and was let on my way with just a verbal warning, 1 month later got pulled by same copper again because he noticed i hadn't changed it haha! So sent form off to hq or wherever and received fine through post.

Copper was still spot on even 2nd time round, had a good laugh with him.

Renault Clio
Had a crash yesterday, the police didnt mention the plates, but im worried when i take the car to be repaired at the gargage (the garage is associated with my insurance company btw) what if they notice the plates and inform the insurance company? Would that make my claim void?

Clio 182
Personally cant see it being an issue, would depend on insurer and how hard they want to wriggle depending on cost of repair, would check small print on policy regarding any info. TBH if it is included in policy schedule they will be perfectly in their right to void it. There is no reason to fit parts to cars if they do not meet British Standards and people who run the risk of not declaring/ using show parts are fully aware of what they are doing so no reason to complain when it backfires. Costs all honest motorists in the long run IMO