ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fancy another Clio again

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I've owned a Clio 182 3 times now. Seems like every time i buy a replacement car after selling one, i'm looking to get back into another Clio shortly after.

In between the Clio's i've had; a Diesel Jetta with Hybrid turbo and custom mapping (made around 220bhp) for about 18 months, a 290bhp mk1 Audi TT for about 4 months, and now i've got a Z4 3.0i.

I've only had the Z4 for about 5 months, and i do like it. But the clio was just so much more fun to drive.

Anyone else owned supposedly better cars (in the eyes of normal people), but keep coming back to the Clio?

Quite fancy a 172 Cup next, be awesome to get one of the few silver one too.

Pics of old cars, just because;
XmXHeMe.jpg

wAjEDkQ.jpg

PHpOQM1.jpg

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Haven't you only just sold your Clio?!

It wasn't long ago, i bought the Z4 before i put the clio up for sale, it didn't get much interested, so stripped some mods off and sold it closer to standard for a cheaper price. Think it sold beginning of November, but i didn't really drive it as it wasn't properly insured (insured for single drives using Curva). So feels like much longer than that.

I knew i'd regret it, but couldn't afford to keep three cars. On the plus side, i do still have a box of spare parts, if i do jump back.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I probably still check the classified section every day on here. I even asked my wife for permission to buy the 182 that was up over Christmas for £600 (in Nottingham too). But with it being Christmas and my wife's maternity pay stopping at the end of December, the timing wasn't good, and she talked some sense into me (well she said No). Also i think i'd rather spend a little more this time around and get the best example i can. There is a 172 cup on one of the facebook groups this morning that has caught my eye, but i think i'll hold off until the summer.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Had 8 and current one 2 years. I look daily because i like cars.

May look to sell spring time but at this rate probaly won't, lol

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I owned my last Clio for 5yrs sold it for an upgrade... Focus ST 2.5 turbo, was a lovely car... sold that 6months later and was straight back into a Clio and haven't looked back much haha I had a little wobble about a month ago when I really wanted an evo but decided the little Clio turbo is more fun.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I remember my 172 fondly, but honestly I don't think I'd be itching to get out of a 3.0L Z4 for one.

You probably need to ditch the CDV on your Z4 (I presume they have them) and perhaps get a quaife. Then it'll be a million times more fun than a 182.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I probably still check the classified section every day on here. I even asked my wife for permission to buy the 182 that was up over Christmas for £600 (in Nottingham too). But with it being Christmas and my wife's maternity pay stopping at the end of December, the timing wasn't good, and she talked some sense into me (well she said No). Also i think i'd rather spend a little more this time around and get the best example i can. There is a 172 cup on one of the facebook groups this morning that has caught my eye, but i think i'll hold off until the summer.

I tried to buy that 182 aswell, it sold in seconds! Lol

But yeah I have no interest in anything else until I can afford a e55 amg lol

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I remember my 172 fondly, but honestly I don't think I'd be itching to get out of a 3.0L Z4 for one.

You probably need to ditch the CDV on your Z4 (I presume they have them) and perhaps get a quaife. Then it'll be a million times more fun than a 182.

I think part of the issue is that i don't really want to be spending thousands improving the car. I don't dislike it as it is, I just don't love it like i did my little 182's (especially the first one).
I probably need to replace the rear tyres as i'm not happy with the grip the F1 AS2 are giving with PS4's, replace the Wheels as the split rim 108's are terrible for corrosion and expensive to refurbish, replace the standard exhaust for something a bit louder, and the Quaife diff would be good too, but the total of all that would buy me a really nice 172 cup.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I tried to buy that 182 aswell, it sold in seconds! Lol

But yeah I have no interest in anything else until I can afford a e55 amg lol

I don't doubt there was a long queue of people lined up to purchase it.... the only plus in missing out is that in reality I'd have probably thrown £2k plus at it on servicing, wheels, tyres, suspension, mapping, seats, etc.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I think part of the issue is that i don't really want to be spending thousands improving the car. I don't dislike it as it is, I just don't love it like i did my little 182's (especially the first one).
I probably need to replace the rear tyres as i'm not happy with the grip the F1 AS2 are giving with PS4's, replace the Wheels as the split rim 108's are terrible for corrosion and expensive to refurbish, replace the standard exhaust for something a bit louder, and the Quaife diff would be good too, but the total of all that would buy me a really nice 172 cup.

Quaife is less than £1500 fitted last time I looked. CDV can be done yourself (you can punch out the valve with a drill bit, there must be a guide somewhere). That's all I'd do.

If you'd rather have a 172 then there's no helping you :p

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I don't doubt there was a long queue of people lined up to purchase it.... the only plus in missing out is that in reality I'd have probably thrown £2k plus at it on servicing, wheels, tyres, suspension, mapping, seats, etc.

my intentions with it were more destructive................ 😊

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
fitting an lsd to my e46 330ci was something iv considered, but it still wouldn't make it as much fun to drive as my cup.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I've a horrible feeling there's another one lurking in my future, a light, revvy little hooligan hot hatch just seems to be the sweet spot for the way I like to drive.

I'm going to give a rented Caterham a track outing at some point this year, so maybe that'll turn my head :D

535d / t5 caravelle
Im one of the many whos returned over the years, from all sorts of cars, mr2 turbo, sapphire cossie, r26 etc.

Last car purchase was between a clio or an r53 mini cooper s, decided to go for the mini in the end for a change, and found a good spec one and the potential for a bit more grunt is easier to come by.

Its about the only car ive had that will match the clio fun factor and then some id say, so maybe worth trying one, if you dont get on with it you could always sell up and get a clio anyway.

Ps. I drove a standard cooper s when i had my williams and thought it was a bag of s**t, modified different story.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I’m another one that keeps coming back to Clios too so I know where you’re coming from. In between my 4 Clio sports I’ve had 2x Golf mk 4 gti, 2x Saxo VTS, 206 gti, MGF vvc, Impreza turbo, mk1 mx5, 328i, 325ti etc. I enjoyed the 172 cup the most though so I ended up buying another and haven’t looked back. Btw, I’ve driven a Z4 3.0i on quite a few occasions as well as my dad owns one. It’s a lovely car and performs well but feels like a tank in comparison to a 172.

Westfield, 182, 200
Had a few Clio sports, it went New 200 (me and the wife), 182 (wife), 197 (wife), 200 cup(me), 172 (me) and now the wife has replaced a 2 year old Fiesta ST2 with a Clio 182!
Had 3 TT's, they're becoming a bit of a liability now and a lot harder to diagnose and repair than a Clio!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It’s the fact they don’t cost a fortune to fix and still hold their own after all this time.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Depends what you think is fun.
of course. should of added IMO.............

the cup puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, that's what I class as fun. I love my 330ci. 2 totally different beasts

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
Why don't you buy another one and keep the Z4? That's what I did, they make the perfect daily IMO. If you get a high ish mileage well sorted one it'd cost peanuts to buy and peanuts to run.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I considered selling mine a few times. Was without it for 8 days recently whilst it was in the bodyshop and got back in it, and really do love it.. if I sold it i'd be gutted after a few days I think.

RS Clio 182
I've owned a Clio 182 3 times now. Seems like every time i buy a replacement car after selling one, i'm looking to get back into another Clio shortly after.

In between the Clio's i've had; a Diesel Jetta with Hybrid turbo and custom mapping (made around 220bhp) for about 18 months, a 290bhp mk1 Audi TT for about 4 months, and now i've got a Z4 3.0i.

I've only had the Z4 for about 5 months, and i do like it. But the clio was just so much more fun to drive.

Anyone else owned supposedly better cars (in the eyes of normal people), but keep coming back to the Clio?

Quite fancy a 172 Cup next, be awesome to get one of the few silver one too.

Pics of old cars, just because;
View attachment 1353624
View attachment 1353625
View attachment 1353626

Im thinking about going back to a 182,but having scoured Pistonheads,FB,autotrader etc there doesnt seem to be many MINT ones about.

Guys - would around 3 grand get you a low-ish mileage good condition one?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I think at the age they are, you're just not going to find one for sale that's mint.

Unless you just mean well serviced and good body work.

RS Clio 182
I think at the age they are, you're just not going to find one for sale that's mint.

Unless you just mean well serviced and good body work.

Yeah thats about it..im not bothered about stone chips hehe. And one that has had headlights refurbed...hate it when they look all cloudy. Suppose thats a minor issue though.

Good bodywork,good interior,full history and belts recently done is a bonus.

Very hard to find one nowadays..theres only a few for sale on PH for example.

Ex 182 owner
similar here.. sold my trophy for a z4mc. Love it but missed 182 tinkering. Bought another very cheap trophy to restore and worry less about putting in a ditch.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The r26 is a car I really fancy, need to be mapped etc.

What’s your thoughts on the one you had?