ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

Wandering about for ages does my box at times, I couldnt help but want a crosser to get about on, that way you can still explore and see stuff but without it taking an afternoon to walk around the map.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Agreed Meggermaaaaaaaan, the new weapons and stuff do make the game so much easier. I have to admit, I havent tried the Chinese Stealth Suit yet, but by what you're saying its a huge advantage to progressing in the game. Perhaps even cheating, slightly? So really, you're only cheating yourself by using it in the upcoming DLC's ;)

Saying that, I'm sure Bethesda have been notified of what it does, and the new content will perhaps fix it so you cant rely on it helping you through.

Saying the game is only half of what it could have been is very harsh, mate. I cant think of one other game, including GTA, that is so detailed and expansive. The work that has gone into Fallout 3 is incredible. Picking flaws is one thing, but to say it could have been double as good is perhaps hoping for perfection, which could have taken 2 - 3 more years of work.

I hope Fallout4 is just as good, though.

MKIII 138
Wandering about for ages does my box at times, I couldnt help but want a crosser to get about on, that way you can still explore and see stuff but without it taking an afternoon to walk around the map.

you do know you can teleport to discovered areas ? i didnt for the first 12 hrs lol !

the rest of the walking is cool exploration imo.

MKIII 138
Agreed Meggermaaaaaaaan, the new weapons and stuff do make the game so much easier. I have to admit, I havent tried the Chinese Stealth Suit yet, but by what you're saying its a huge advantage to progressing in the game. Perhaps even cheating, slightly? So really, you're only cheating yourself by using it in the upcoming DLC's ;)

Saying that, I'm sure Bethesda have been notified of what it does, and the new content will perhaps fix it so you cant rely on it helping you through.

Saying the game is only half of what it could have been is very harsh, mate. I cant think of one other game, including GTA, that is so detailed and expansive. The work that has gone into Fallout 3 is incredible. Picking flaws is one thing, but to say it could have been double as good is perhaps hoping for perfection, which could have taken 2 - 3 more years of work.

I hope Fallout4 is just as good, though.

no they must try harder !!!!!!

seriously though if they keep the elements of FO3 and add new bits to FO4 like i mentioned then i could easliy add another 50hrs on and anthing that can consume 100 hrs of my precious time for £35 is a rarity indeed, thankfully you can pick up mirrors for about this price and i have had many more hours looking into those still, the graphics are amazing

you do know you can teleport to discovered areas ? i didnt for the first 12 hrs lol !

the rest of the walking is cool exploration imo.

I know you can fast travel but thats not the point I'm making. I want to be able to have a poke about all over the map and find stuff without having to walk about for ages. A jeep or crosser would be perfect.

no they must try harder !!!!!!

seriously though if they keep the elements of FO3 and add new bits to FO4 like i mentioned then i could easliy add another 50hrs on and anthing that can consume 100 hrs of my precious time for £35 is a rarity indeed, thankfully you can pick up mirrors for about this price and i have had many more hours looking into those still, the graphics are amazing

oblivion owes me over 136 hours

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'd like to have the "MacGyver Perk"

You could make a hovercraft/boat/R34 Skyline out of a empty Nuka Cola bottle and an empty Nuka Cola bottle.

MKIII 138
oblivion owes me over 136 hours

mental, so is it better than FO3 ? as i cant see more than another 8hrs on this, i might make 60.

thing is there isnt another game like it TBH, i couldnt go back to the shallowness of COD4/5 now. ive not roleplayed for years and i like the depth it brings to new games.

killzone is worth a shot until the next big RPG, tommorow nights demo will be downloaded for my PS3, my xbox mite get fable 2 on but TBH i really havent got on with it

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've spent over 110 hours on Fallout 3. Still havent finished it, as I know what happens when I do. No more scouring.

MKIII 138
I've spent over 110 hours on Fallout 3. Still havent finished it, as I know what happens when I do. No more scouring.

didnt you get bored after the main quest nearly ended and you just reloaded just before finishing the other quick quests ? it all becomes a bit samey.

on a side note, with the chineese armour and sword obviously your 99% invisible (not so if you actually fire a weapon in hidden mode, although you can become hidden v.quicky) when you transport back to the waterplant where the big robot is stood on your side and you have killed all the enclave troops (looted there corpses) walked around for a few hours and go back, the robot is stationary and there are a fresh batch of troops, you kill them all and get the new loot, teleport about a bit and they come back again, so keep doing this for mega ammounts of plasma ammo and frag / stimps.

one thing i havent done is find pinkerton, cant get to the ships bowels to find him any easy route ?

cheers

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I didnt really get bored TBH because I was doing stuff, rather than wandering around aimlessly. Having the guide helps because it gives you locations of the Bobbleheads and Skill books etc.

MKIII 138
I didnt really get bored TBH because I was doing stuff, rather than wandering around aimlessly. Having the guide helps because it gives you locations of the Bobbleheads and Skill books etc.

i think guides can kind of spoil the game sometimes, its nice when you stumble across things

1.8 Civic EX
one thing i havent done is find pinkerton, cant get to the ships bowels to find him any easy route ?

cheers

Stand on the bigger half of the ship by the split where the front has come away, look to the broken half. Then under the water on your right is a submerged tunnel...in you go:)

Monaro VXR
Otherway of getting into the ship is if you have a lockpick skill of 100. There is an upper door with a platform across the water to get to it. No having to go underwater that way.

MKIII 138
Otherway of getting into the ship is if you have a lockpick skill of 100. There is an upper door with a platform across the water to get to it. No having to go underwater that way.

thats BS m8, i levelled upto 100 on lockpick, purposely just to get into that door as i thought it might be that and when i tried to do it said i needed 100 lock pick ?!? wtf Tbh.

il have to dive in those places, i had already been underwater a fair bit. must have missed it

cheers

Last edited:
  1.8 Civic EX
it's only a small hole, like a small rectangle,from memory it's kinda off white in colour, just like a door way in a corridor in Riviet City but without a door lol

Monaro VXR
thats BS m8, i levelled upto 100 on lockpick, purposely just to get into that door as i thought it might be that and when i tried to do it said i needed 100 lock pick ?!? wtf Tbh.

il have to dive in those places, i had already been underwater a fair bit. must have missed it

cheers

Were you suffering from drug addiction? Usually lowers your intelligence. Or if you had beer or rad poisioning etc. Can affect your skills check in your pip boy usually see a (-) next to your skill which means it isn't at 100. Even if you levelled up to 100. I went through the door no problems.

Mito Sportiva 135
haha daves world the see saw didnt move i was like whaaaa ?

played some last night i did the declaration of independance in about 20mins ! there were tons of super mutant brute leaders and s**t with missile launchers and mines etc... but then again i just cloaked and used the sword and killed them all, even when hitting them right in front and pushing them out of the way they couldnt see me !

so any DLC down the line may be new weapons or areas but if i can use the cloak the same and the sword well... it will take about 5mins, il wait to see what it adds first.

i havent made any weapons yet, i have lots of blueprints but couldnt be bothered why do i need a railway spike gun when i have a plasma cannon spike.

in the end its the advanced weapons and suits that spoil the hardness.

i think the game is half of what it could be, the underlying elements of upgrades and weapons in FO3 should be the basis of combat but the missions (of which most are fairly drab) should be replaced with building up an army or a small elite group of any character (be it a dog, a mutant, a random child with a laser weapon) and being able to have a base to stock up and modify.

might email the people at bethsoft and ask for this :)

I'm not sure on this one...upgrading your character in Mass Effect was what made it so good, I think that in F3 it just gets a bit limited after a while. For example I got the Fat Man probably 5 hours into play...and it's still probably my best weapon. In Mass Effect you are continually upgrading, and can make your weapons for each situation by upgrading the guns and the ammo.

I would like to see more ally impetus too and which ally you have affecting your story. At the moment I am probably 60% through the main missions and level 14 but not needed one yet - just use Dogmeat to get me drugs.

Also, would be good in F4 if you can somehow benefit from playing F3, unique items or perks or something...they give you access to extra characters in GOW2 for having played the first and getting achievements in it so it is possible...and would reward all of us loyal gamers who have sunk TOO many hours into the game!

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Were you suffering from drug addiction? Usually lowers your intelligence. Or if you had beer or rad poisioning etc. Can affect your skills check in your pip boy usually see a (-) next to your skill which means it isn't at 100. Even if you levelled up to 100. I went through the door no problems.

ditto, through the door no problem, as said you must have been effected in some way.

MKIII 138
ditto, through the door no problem, as said you must have been effected in some way.

i think i was yea, i spent a whole level up on getting to 100, as it happens i found pinkerton he gave me tapes and all that, spoke to Harkness copper guy and told him that pinkerton thought he was an andriod all he said was, " thought that crazy guy was a c**t .. cheers "

err, that was it.

lol, now im walking around looking for new bits and gaining some more xp, put another 3hrs on it now and on level 20, all main quests complete.

TBH im just looking for the alien space ship so i can get the uber laser weapon

imho oblivion was better but fallout 3 is more upto date

i have done about 80 hours in fallout but i didnt start the main quest till about 60+ hours

i just did all teh side quests first before attempting the story

Punto/Clio GTT
There is extra bulets for the alien blaster in fort independance. i had my first save corruption today, i loaded with no weapons, no items, no armour and outside the first vault. i had the bright light animation that occurs the first time you step out the vault. had to boot from old save

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've only had one corrupt load file on the 360. Every time I turned a particular direction (NW), the screen would flash like a strobe light and it was like I was wearing a letterbox helmet. Which I wasnt, IIRC.

Monaro VXR
i think i was yea, i spent a whole level up on getting to 100, as it happens i found pinkerton he gave me tapes and all that, spoke to Harkness copper guy and told him that pinkerton thought he was an andriod all he said was, " thought that crazy guy was a c**t .. cheers "

err, that was it.

lol, now im walking around looking for new bits and gaining some more xp, put another 3hrs on it now and on level 20, all main quests complete.

You should of got the information from his computer. Pictures etc in there. But if you picked the correct way to speak to pinkerton you can get the recall code so that harkness can remember he is an android. He then gives you his unique plasma rifle when you tell him.

There is extra bulets for the alien blaster in fort independance. i had my first save corruption today, i loaded with no weapons, no items, no armour and outside the first vault. i had the bright light animation that occurs the first time you step out the vault. had to boot from old save

The blaster seems to pop up at random at times. On my 2nd playthrough now after I bought the game instead of using a copy. Where I found the blaster the first time was at meresti station with a load of armour. Went there this time and nothing.

Octy VRS
Nah the blaster is only found at the spacecraft. Sounds to me like you found the Firelance. A better version of the blaster that is only found as a random event.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
its weird this game because you think you've walked all over the shop but infact you've not i think it goes dark to quick tho

Monaro VXR
Weird. been at the ufo crash site both times for me. maybe a raider picked it up or enclave then died at the station

Extra ammo was spread all over the station area as well though. Just randomly spawned. Think it was the firelance I got then. It was powerful enough to bring down pretty much anything in 1 shot that's all I remember.

Octy VRS
Yeah that sounds right. There should be ammo scattered around the area as well as the Firelance, lucker fecker. I've been trying to trigger it without any luck.

MKIII 138
You should of got the information from his computer. Pictures etc in there. But if you picked the correct way to speak to pinkerton you can get the recall code so that harkness can remember he is an android. He then gives you his unique plasma rifle wh

i have the code, but talking to him reveals no extra dialogue, i even tried playing the audio in front of him from my pip boy !

btw i have hacked 0 computer terminals, is it a case of choosing the right word ? ive tried many times but got knowhere, then gave up as i didnt think it would add much, tbh i have practically everything so i was right :)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
i have the code, but talking to him reveals no extra dialogue, i even tried playing the audio in front of him from my pip boy !

btw i have hacked 0 computer terminals, is it a case of choosing the right word ? ive tried many times but got knowhere, then gave up as i didnt think it would add much, tbh i have practically everything so i was right :)

This guide will help you with terminals http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Terminal

Mito Sportiva 135

err, that was it.

Alien ship is in the NE of the map, when you are close you will pick up a signal and then you are near.

Look on the net for a map if you get really stuck.

Mito Sportiva 135

Terminals can be hard - but remember as long as you have 1 attempt left, you can close it then open it again and have all your attempts still. All the words will be new but even just guessing you should do one eventually. You get EXP for them too.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah the song is very catchy.

I found the alien crash site by accident the other night. Venturing North from the minefield and wandering around a bit, picked up the radio signal and then radiation.

Got the alien blaster and the ammo, then saved and switched off.

White Sti Hatch
Need some help !

Paying the Rileys Rangers quest and got to the door but need a 50 lockpik skill and ive only got 41 how the hell do i get back out side so i can go level up or somin ??

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Do you not have any attire you can put on that will increase your lockpick skill? Then you can take a mentat to increase it even further? One of the suits has lockpick+5 but I can't recall which.

Actually, I can't actually recall having to lockpick any door on that quest?

Punto/Clio GTT
you dont have to

pretty sure in that area you'll pick up a distress beacon, look around for a way onto the roof, ina building i think it is above the hospital, rescue them, open compound, get mapping quest