ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallen out of love with the clio

2003 clio 172
I think the time has come to get rid of the clio... Recently just havent been enjoying it. its costing me so much and cant really justify the cost anymore its cost me nearly 3000 this year in repairs. both shafts have needed replacing belts change and now the box has given up. the problem is i just dont know where to go from here i love my hot hatches but value for money nothing compares. ive been lookin at some cooper GPs but dont know if i would loose the fun factor after goin from the clio. any recommendations on what to go for now ?

Cheers Dan

Laguna sport tourer
i am in the same situation spent £700 on my clio this month and i can return to finance company in march. personally if i was gonna get another hot hatch i would go for a fiesta ST

Cars cost money to run dude. You can be lucky or unlucky really with regards to 'unexpected' repairs. Don't think for a minute that you're going to avoid future bills by buying another car. In fact you could say you're better off sticking with a car that you now is sound, for now...

Recon gearbox won't be too much?

2003 clio 172
Not a massive fan of the fiesta just think there a car that could of been made better but they just sort of gave up on it. im looking at goin newer nothing older then an 08 plate i think just need something a little more reliable.

2003 clio 172
yer im in the process of sourcing a box so hopefully will bring cost down. still looking at over 600 and so close to xmas its a bummer

Let's not get started on the merits of the ST again. The performance was restricted to fit in line with the intended audience.

What's your budget anyway? If you want a fairly cheap but much newer and 'better' hot hatch, have you thought about a 197? Nimbus. Oh yes please.

Define reliable though? My Clio had loads of quality issues but only one of them ever made it break down.

Civic Type S GT
I had fallen out of love with mine after owning for a nearly 2 years, cost me a fortune and felt like it was always at the garage. So sold it and brought a Honda Civic Type S GT and I LOVE IT!!! :D
Although I must say I do miss the fun factor of the 182 :(

2003 clio 172
14k is the limit really anything more is pushing it a bit. i mean low miles really the clios got 80k on it so its gettin on now and the older it gets the more stuff that can go wrong. yer ive looked at 197s and 200s but im not sure if i want to go french again im takin a cooper s works out tomorrow for a test drive think i might go take a 200 out see what it feels like

2003 clio 172
yer i dont want to loose that fun factor i love the fact you can chuck the clio into a corner and it will just grip makes you feel like a racing driver lol

The other thing is, do you actually need a hatchback? £14k will buy you a lot of nice cars. Personally I need the practicality, but if you don't really need that, then you have a lot of choice outside the hatchback world.

2003 clio 172
no i dont need a hatchback at all just love my small cars. i was lookin at golfs and stuff but again you loose the fun ?

2003 clio 172
im 19 but its not really an issue best mates dads own an insurance company and always sorts me good insurance. im on the clio for 900

keo

Clio Trophy
if you can get insured and dont need a practical car 14k would get you an elise/ vx220