ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed Retest MOT

500bhp Scoob

Car just failed re-test MOT with a brand new cat on it which i got told was the problem... anyways heres the test results

Fast Idle test 1

CO should be or below 0.3% vol was 0.92% vol
Fast Idle test 2

CO should be or below 0.3% vol was 1.11% vol
Can anyone please tell me what could need doing? the lambda sensor looks pretty new, its really puzzling me now, i just forked out for a new cat

500bhp Scoob

do ya reckon its worth getting a fault diagnostics check done on the car? my dad was talking to me about it n they charge 30 quid to get it done?

will that tell me what exactly needs changing?

500bhp Scoob

i cant afford to keep taking it elsewhere lol. plus i dont know anyone around my area who does MOTs, any people in medway able to sort me a dodgey MOT ;) hehe

if not then what could be the problem?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

does the engine run ok in general? might be worth having a diagnostic check done then they can check the operation of the oxygen sensor etc. Either the oxygen sensor is faulty or another sensor on the engine is causing it run rough.

500bhp Scoob

seems to run pretty smoothly, idles at about 850rpm when nice n warm, not lumpy, but i think it may be the only resort ive got at the moment, as for testing the oxygen (lambda) sensor i can check that using a digital multimeter, got the limits it should be within.

Im prolly gonna take it to another MOT station thou as Im not too fond of the place i took it to, wanted me to get the cat done on the first test, so i did that myself, now he wants me to get it fully serviced, but as its hardly been used since i first got it (engine rebuild by previous owner 1k before i got it) i dont think its really worth it.