ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed MOT

Westy. MX5
Bugger! After many hours changing brakes, fixing fluid leaks and lots of other bits, Drove to the garage for the Test and it passed everything mechanical but failed on a crack on the windscreen. Whilst driving there an old stone chip decided to advance across the screen, into the swept area, I think the speed bumps helped it along. Now i have to wait till next Tuesday for the new windscreen. I was hoping for a weekend of driving it to get used to the car and bed in me new brakes.:cry:

Westy. MX5
Youre right, another £75 for the insurance excess. Just got to show me new screen to the Mot tester to get the certificate, hopefully before he shuts up shop on Tuesday.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Youre right, another £75 for the insurance excess. Just got to show me new screen to the Mot tester to get the certificate, hopefully before he shuts up shop on Tuesday.

If you use autoglass make sure they order the right glass with the rain sensor etc as they are giblets

S

Dodgy one
I passed today just to make you feel better, Complete with a decat and nackered topmount *whistle*

None
Bad news mate, always the way........i got away with having a 10mm crack in my old discovery windscreen for years but i guess it wasn't in the required field of vision to fail it.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Very unlucky mate. I had a similar thing happen to me a few weeks ago except not quite as bad.
My windscreen cracked on the WAY BACK from the MOT test centre having just passed! Quite lucky TBH. Even better was that Autoglass came out the next day and replaced it in half an hour :)

Westy. MX5
Very unlucky mate. I had a similar thing happen to me a few weeks ago except not quite as bad.
My windscreen cracked on the WAY BACK from the MOT test centre having just passed! Quite lucky TBH. Even better was that Autoglass came out the next day and replaced it in half an hour :)

The delay is because of so many windscreen claims the last few weeks, due to the state of the roads.

Cooksport Fleet
Autoglass are pants, quoted me 400 quid for a screen change on a saxo... rang up a local bloke and he is doing it for 100 quid :)