ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7P engine tuning

What power can be taken out of 1.8 16V engine for resonable price? Aiming at 150 KS or so...

BB or K-Tec?

Feedback please...

Clio RS 172

Its a decat, a chip, supersprint exhaust manifold. Not that big a deal. But would suggest new cams or reprofiled cams (274 degrees, 10,87 mm lift on both cams). And some work on the head should bring you to 170 bhp.

My F7P i currently running around 150 hp with very little done to the engine. really great sprinting. had some luck running closely to a Fiat Coupe Turbo. Even though hed take me on a dry day i had him pinned down. Next time i meet him he wouldnt see anything but dust... hehe!

Good luck ;)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

with the right attention to detail and carfull matching of parts good power is not impossible..

dont forget engine managment.... head work, cams and zorst and filter really do warrent mapping to get the best from it

Andy

GDI

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

true. iv had a fair bit of work, and the car always produces good power, but its yet to be mapped! so should squeeze some more power out of it yet. hopefully be with Andy, iv emailed ya earlier on mate :)

yours is gonna rock whe its done Adam. i might want to try some parts ive got in me sketch book on it ;)

Clio RS 172

I have actually no clue what fabric exhaust manifold is.. its exactly like the one David at K-tec sells but was told it was i supersprint by a friend. And i think its working okay.. though i want more power.. much more... ;)

I paid fortune of a supersprint manifold and my mate got better results with factory original Clio 16v F7P manifold bolted to F7R engine, so thats why i think its waste of money. Looks cool though...:cool: