ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7 engine removal

mk2 172

now then peeps, just wondering if anyone has the time to write exactly what ill need for the job, what problems i can expect and most importantly how to do it!(taking into account everything) paul mitchell gave me an insight the other night but i forgot to cut and paste the msn conversation:cry:. this is of course taking into account im not a mechanic, but i gotta learn things someday. also dont suppose anyone could point me in the right direction of a cheap engine hoist?

ta craggy

Good luck mate, it can be a real pig of a job getting the mounts lined up once you come to put it back in, the rear mount is a b**ch.!

Why are you taking it out?

hire a hoist, the engine sits nicely on its sump, just dont drop it, i wobbled my williams engine about all over the place, so theres no point buying a hoist when youll only need it a couple of days, if you need to tracsport it whe out 2 big blokes can lift the engine and box together just about, and a sack truck helps no end as well,

if your really stuck but have a bit of time on your handsdisconnect everything and drop it out from underneath with the sub frame, just four bolts!, jack the body of the car right up and slide it out

mk2 172

cheers fellas, barry, im taking it out to change the box, clutch, mounts and some other bits and bats(including the steering rack:( , lofty, cant really hire one cos i wanna take it out and leave it out to clean bits up over a period of time since im in no rush.

ta craggy

i guess theres no need for you to take the engine out :)

do one mount at a time, box goes w/o taking the engine out - same goes with clutch then. steering rack - is a bit hard to do it... but again afaik no need for taking the engine out - unscrew and unmount the manifold and downpipe...

clio williams, Ph1 172

Craggy let me know when you start rippin the f**ker out. Id like to see what you have to do. Wouldnt mind knowin a few things so I can do anything on my valver. They are pretty similar i think.