ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R turbo + ND0 box (its in!)

Lionel Richie
just lowered the engine and gearbox in, it fits (sort of!!)

the diff on the back of the ND0 is catching on the steering rack (but it clears the ABS!!) a job for the angle grinder!!

the sump is VERY close to the subframe, looks like i'll have to cut a section out and weld a plate back in so it clears

the top of the gearbox is very close to the chassis leg, but it already has a notch shaped into it from factory, a large hammer will sort this!

all i need to do is finish off my custom g/b mount and figure out the dogbone mount (plus i'm going to see what i can do with a 172 lower subframe mount)

driveshafts, gearlinkage, clutch mech conversion, loom, cooling system and few bits and bobs to go

who knows it might actually be finished this year!!!

Elise/VX220/R26
keep us posted on meganesport.net m8 that engine will be mindblowing in the clio. Oh and use custom mapping if your doing it all from scratch cos as you'l prolly know the sagem ecu is a proper nightmare!!

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Yes the 600 runs on two casio calculators linked with chewing gum. The 700 uses top notch hubba bubba ;)

EvilJohn said:
for fcs mate? ;)
It will be done for FCS.
Which FCS is the issue.
Any idea on engine weight Fred?
What cooling setup are you using? Megan would be a bit big size wise and 172 is a bit to small isn't it?

Lionel Richie
172 rad works fine for the TT engine, although i might be using a beemer 5series rad (it has built in expansion tank)

crap pic
enginein.jpg

FredYozzasport said:
172 rad works fine for the TT engine, although i might be using a beemer 5series rad (it has built in expansion tank)
Yep but Matt only drives 1/4 mile at a time.
Looks good any more details on spec?
I take it the engine hasn't been bedded in on a dyno test rig like the 1.2 Cup one was?
Was always hoping there'd be proof of how accurate RR were if you did this.
Your going to have so get some seriouslt strong rubber in the engine mount.
PS I had an ide why not make a second dogbone mount and use this to hlep keep the engine movement down?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
this should be a monster. iirc this is the non-vvt head from the vel satis?

what gearbox and you running fred?

Lionel Richie
i'm using the Megane RS NDO 6speed gearbox (should be nice in the cliopatra)

non VVT head, but as we all know VVT does f**k all (well in my opinion anyway)

edde - this is an early test engine from Renault, it was run on the engine dyno in the factory in dieppe, the bearing shells are spanking new! you know me mate, i don't get into rolling road bullshit claims, all you need to know is it'll be quick, VERY quick!

yes.

Run 2 front lower supports, 1 upper gearbox and 1 solid rear along with a damper on the cylinder head, this leaves the O/S top mount optional.

Dont complain about welding, its all you enjoy doing.

Actually, i tried cillint on a gearbox and it came up bloody semi polished looking, and it had not been cleaned for about 20 years!

Took some scrubbing.....buy the powdered stuff then cut a barrel in half and fill that up........instant clean tank with no solvents.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
PMSL more uses for these houshold cleaners then. Twinned with the Fairy Power Spray you should be able to get anything clean. ;)

I think you need to get Barry Scott down. Who cares what it does to his penny, if you were on the advert cleaning cylinder heads with it...... i'd buy some :clown:

TDI tyre shreader
Do you have any build pics Fred? as they say this thead is useless without pics!!! get some engine p**n up!!!

Lionel Richie
not much to see mate really, i have no digi cam at the moment, its knackered

plus i like to keep surprises ;)