ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R and 10W50

Clio II RS ph1
Hi guys,

Anyone had problems with clio sport engine and 10W50 oil... oil is Midland... engine burned arround 1 liter in 800miles... I think it's too much... and also thought that it won't drink that oil more then elf's 5W40

Anyone, please? :S

Regards

ValverInBits
If you need an oil that tolerates the heat better, then what you want is an oil cooler.

As for your oil useage, mine hasn't used a drop since i've owned it. It could be bottom end (crank seals) or if it smokes out the exhaust then it's valve stem seals. Personally I'd sort your engine out rather than thinking about new oil

Clio II RS ph1
If you need an oil that tolerates the heat better, then what you want is an oil cooler.

As for your oil useage, mine hasn't used a drop since i've owned it. It could be bottom end (crank seals) or if it smokes out the exhaust then it's valve stem seals. Personally I'd sort your engine out rather than thinking about new oil

nope mate... it's sealed... no leaks at all anymore... that's why I'm confused... exhaust pipe at the end is very dirty, totally black... but I don't see any smoke... I'll try again with 5w40 or 50

My 182 on 55k burns 1 litre every 2k my 172 on 133k burns next to nothing. There is a large variability. My 182 is leaking from the cam cover quite a bit no smoke from the exhaust. I've used 15W50 oil without probs in the clio. Have you checked around the cam cover for leaks? Take the breather hose off where it goes into the air intake and see if it has signs of lots of oil in.

Clio RS
I am using 10W50 Mobil oil, there is one dot gone in the cluster. Our engines likes top quality oils. Mobil, Shell etc..

Clio II RS ph1
Have you checked around the cam cover for leaks? Take the breather hose off where it goes into the air intake and see if it has signs of lots of oil in.

engine was out... everything is perfect related to sealings

I am using 10W50 Mobil oil, there is one dot gone in the cluster. Our engines likes top quality oils. Mobil, Shell etc..

this one is midland... don't know if it is in that range of quality oils :D

5-40 fully synthetic like it say's in the specs ;)

i've just bought 6 liters 5w40... hope it will be different situation :)

Mk2 172
christ!! mine uses a litre every 1k miles although it is modified a fair bit and i have found that using different brands of oil but staying with 5w40 fully synthetic can vary the amount the car uses by a huge margin!!
Millers competition oil i used last year, the car burned hardly anything, comma oil my car drinks it!!
I would try either MOTUL 300v or silkolene pro S.

10w50 will just help with the heat side of things but id just get a cooler tbh.
Ive got one as i go on track quite a bit and its better to be safe than sorry :)

172 cup
quade is using 10-50 and hes having no troubles and a good place to get oil from is www.opieoils.co.uk sign up as a cliosport member and you get some dollar off :) they do a good range of fuchs oils gulf competition oils mutol mobil castrol

Matty

53 Clio's & counting
Using a bit of oil is fine!

If anyone reads there owners manual it states in there that oil usage is normal!

Mk2 172
ive always used millers in my cars, doing the dci today with some

good oil :)
I use the competition range and the XFS fully synthetic and is absolutely fine and doesnt cost the earth either(especially when i have to buy7 litres for the clio!!!)