ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2016 Next Gen

Mercedes Benz
I have a wheel and pedal setup on a playseat rig. If you like driving games then I would recommend getting a wheel. Makes the experience so much better.

Had the last game and I thought it was alright, apart from the no career mode. So instead I just started a career with a Manor and then just moved through the teams in order of speed. Based on what you guys have said, I'm looking forward to getting the new game.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RS Clio 182
Well i tried Monaco tonight and i hated it.....i just dont enjoy it at all. I dont understand why im so far off the pace,a full second off 21st in qualy,using a max downforce setting. (im not sure if that was the best choice)

Got to lap 5,was 17th and had a train of the backmarkers behind me.... and i simmed the rest - bring on Canada which is my fave circuit next!

Goliath I
Finally picked the game up yesterday and got to say, really impressed so far, it's a massive improvement on 2015. Only played a few quick races but there seems to be a lot of 'little things' that really adds to the game. I love that you can fully adjust the viewpoint camera, always found the cockpit cam was a bit too low.

Manual starts add a bit more to simply holding down the accelerator, lost some spaces from not releasing quick enough and had a penalty for a jump start. Entering the pitlane manually is proving difficult to master, but it's another nice touch.

The constant change in strategy is much better than the generic 'here's your strategy, stick to it' from past games. I wish it would let you pause the game and view/select car condition, next tyre, strategy changes, engineer questions etc... It's just so small and so many menus! I now know how Lewis Hamilton felt in Azerbaijan lol

Golf R/Leon FR
I hate Monaco too but I'm yet to try it. I'm struggling to find a decent setup with the controller with all assists off, so had to put traction control on medium. Needs adjusters for the triggers as full throttle is about 3/4 of the travel on the trigger. I'm going from slow to spinning and can't feather it as I'd like. It needs negative values on the sliders.

RS Clio 182
WHAT a race i just had in Canada! My first points in the Manor....from 21st!

The race started with a downpour,and it was heavy rain for the first 18 laps,i managed to battle my way through from 21st to 10th...i was outbraking the AI in corners and managed in the rain much better than i thought i would.

Next came one of my best calls ever,i came in for Inters at just the right time....i jumped a few cars the next lap and found myself in 5th!! It was Perez and Sainz ahead of me and i overtook them to be in an amazing 3rd place!

I had Hamilton in front and Vettel behind,and i kept pace with them for around 10 laps. The track dried up with 5 laps to go,i had to try and fend off Vettel and Ricciardo at the end on softs,but they easily had the pace to take me. But i managed to finish in 5th in the end! What a classic hehe...Canada always throws them up!

Citroen DS3 DSport
This is the first game I've played where I've enjoyed Monaco, hot lapping there and beating new rivals has been excellent fun.

Goliath I
Back markers really don't like getting out the way do they lol at least they're no longer launching themselves off the track or coming to let you past...

We should do a time trial challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf R/Leon FR
I've now found a solution to the handling on the PS4 pad. Changing the differential settings for both on/off throttle have improved it massively.
I finished Bahrain on career last night and I've had to up the difficulty as a result as I qualified 12th and finished the race 9th in the Manor.
This was partly due to my 2 pit stops were under safety cars and Sainz had and engine blow up on the last lap.
It's made the game even better now for me.

RS Clio 182
Ive had a really good run in the Manor recently - points finishes in Canada,Baku and now Austria. I came a great 6th in Austria,crossed the finish line and the game hard crashed on me!!

So i restarted the race straight,and did even better and came 4th! The penulitmate lap i had both Mercedes fighting each other in front of me,Hamilton trying to get past Rosberg like in real life,great to see the AI doing this. But i took advantage and went past them both as they squabbled hehe! Kyvat finally won the race,Torro Ross starting to look quite strong! The A1 Ring is a great circuit for racing. Lovely setting aswell.

First time on Baku,and i liked it - the 3rd sector has some great high speed flat out corners but its a circuit which is very hard to master - you really have to nail those apexes. But an 8th finish is a very good first result - there was a long safety car period which helped me a lot. And quite a lot incidents - a couple of retirements on the actual straight.

Golf R/Leon FR
China in the Manor - qualified 13th.

Managed to get up to 7th from a dive down the first corner. I thought by upping the difficulty I would find it harder but the engine upgrade seems to have us running ahead of Sauber and Renault. Saved it halfway through in 6th place but will drop considerably once I next pit.

RS Clio 182
Well i had my usual trudge around Silverstone - not one of my favourite tracks,i just find it very flat and quite boring. I made the mistake of totally forgetting about the hard compounds in the race strategy,so i ran mediums and softs in the race and i ended up making a 3rd stop. I finished in 17th and its not a race i will remember - i struggled all race weekend.

Hamilton once again retired,hes only won once in the first 10 races,and he finds himself 4th in the standings so far!

I did manage to beat my TM Wehlein,who retired late on,he has not had good reliability so far!

Hungary next,which is one of the better tracks imo,i enjoy racing there. Another tracks which can be hard on the tyres though.

Goliath I
Had the game a week and only now starting Career lol Gone with Sauber as didn't fancy being a back marker for an entire season. Still in the first race trying to do the tyre wear challenge in practice, it's quite hard to get to grips with.

RS Clio 182
Had the game a week and only now starting Career lol Gone with Sauber as didn't fancy being a back marker for an entire season. Still in the first race trying to do the tyre wear challenge in practice, it's quite hard to get to grips with.

Sauber are the backmarker team in my career hehe.

Golf R/Leon FR
What a strange race I had at China.
As previously mentioned I saved the game about 20 laps in and was running 6th. I was due to pit when Alonso retired and brought the SC out, so I dived in the pits and came out 11th. Then everyone else pitted and I was in 3rd!!
Anyway had to pit again for last 4 laps as I couldn't save my tyres enough. So I finished 15th which for Manor is ok. Although Wehrlein finished 11th, but the grid was so messed up that Sainz ended up winning?! Perez 2nd and Hulkenberg 3rd.

Hamilton, Vettel and Rosberg were 10th downwards. Not sure if it was a big from saving mid race?

Goliath I
After some help...

The Front Brake Bias and Differential which you can change on track, what does it do and how does it affect the car and handling?

Golf R/Leon FR
After some help...

The Front Brake Bias and Differential which you can change on track, what does it do and how does it affect the car and handling?

Front brake bias - changes how much braking force is put through the front wheels, the higher it is the easier it is to lock up. Lower it and when you brake hard the back end moves around a lot. I tend to have it at 60-64%
Differential - changing this affects level of rotation from the car or how much it gets out of shape when you put the power down.
I have it set high to improve PS4 pad handling. So in the setup I have off throttle low (50%) and on throttle high (90% +)

Goliath I
Front brake bias - changes how much braking force is put through the front wheels, the higher it is the easier it is to lock up. Lower it and when you brake hard the back end moves around a lot. I tend to have it at 60-64%
Differential - changing this affects level of rotation from the car or how much it gets out of shape when you put the power down.
I have it set high to improve PS4 pad handling. So in the setup I have off throttle low (50%) and on throttle high (90% +)
Cool, cheers for that!

Tonight I finally got my new G920 and Wheel Stand Pro set up. Must admit, the game has come alive with this combo over using the pad. So much more rewarding to get the lines dead accurate.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

RS Clio 182
I saw sparks at Spa last night,quite a lot of them coming from the AI at Eu Rouge.

I got a decent 12th at Spa in the Manor,but this was an important race as it was my TM Wehleins first point of the season in 10th! There was a mid stage of the stage where we racing each other in 11th & 12th,on the same compoud,we are starting to look quite strong in places - a very satisfying moment there! I made a mistake in my pit strategy and pitted a 3rd time - whereas quite a lot of drivers got away with a 1 stop! Thats what i love about these races,you feel you have made the wrong call,and it couldve been a better result - but thats like in real life and you can always make a better one in the next race.

Does anyone know if the development of the car (R&D) makes your team mate faster the better your car gets? For example, the Manor is now above the Sauber, Renault and Haas in my game. Should, therefore, my team mate be faster than them teams now? Is it that clever?

RS Clio 182
Does anyone know if the development of the car (R&D) makes your team mate faster the better your car gets? For example, the Manor is now above the Sauber, Renault and Haas in my game. Should, therefore, my team mate be faster than them teams now? Is it that clever?

Yeah i believe they do - as you see from my previous post,my TM Wehlein got his first point at Spa. He was nowhere at the start of the season.

Ferrari have now overtook Mercedes as the top team in my career - will be interesting to see who wins the first season. Torro Rosso are now the 3rd best developed team,Sainz has had 2 podiums in a row so they are looking strong - maybe next season they might be the next best team after the big top two. This development feature they have put in is the best addition in years imo - gives the career mode much more of a journey feel,and something to strive for.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Is this worth getting on ps4? Bought assetto corsa, played a few hours just doing time trials, very impressive physics etc. Tried a few actual races, utter turd. A I would be disappointing 10yrs ago.

Golf R/Leon FR
Personally yes it's by far the best F1 game for 10 years! The graphics are average but the gameplay and career is very very good.

Anyone else using the Logitech G920 on the Xbox One? Twice now the steering input has decided to s**t its self.

First time: steering decided not to work anymore whilst I came out of the pits. Straight into the wall.

Second time: steering input decided to be really unsensative and required me to do two full locks just to get one full lock in the cockpit.

Had to reset both times. Really disappointing.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Bought this today on a whim.

As said, graphics are dogshit. Especially the actual characters! Gameplay is okay, I got fucked over in the race so ended up P13 in a McLaren (Australia, first race). I'll persevere with it, after all I've spent a whole evening going through Practice, Qualifying & a full race!

Golf R/Leon FR
Bought this today on a whim.

As said, graphics are dogshit. Especially the actual characters! Gameplay is okay, I got fucked over in the race so ended up P13 in a McLaren (Australia, first race). I'll persevere with it, after all I've spent a whole evening going through Practice, Qualifying & a full race!

I'd persevere with it, I wasn't anywhere near as impressed with it after Australia as I am now.

Although I tried Russia for the first time and was miles off the pace.

Mercedes Benz
After the first race I put the difficulty up. I opted to pick Renault as my first team and after qualifying well into the top 10, I wanted to make it a bit more realistic. I now have it set on expert.

Which is on the limit for me between hard/annoying.

Here is my set up...

Attachments

• IMG_20160908_173903.jpg
    IMG_20160908_173903.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 65