ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2016 Next Gen

Thought I would start a thread for this. I'm hoping so much that it has a proper career mode. That's the only reason I didn't buy the 2015 game and new steering wheel to go with it.

Crofty was on Twitter earlier showing him starting the voice over work.

image.jpeg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I really, really hope that it is a bit more in depth that 2015. I bought it but only played it a couple times then never went back to it.

RS Clio 182
Yeah i just hope its more in-depth this time with career mode etc. Im still playing 2015 and enjoying it - in my 4th season in the McLaren on Legend - really good battles to get in the top 3.

The core of the game works well.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I didn't mind 2015 but I borrowed it, would have been annoyed paying for it as it was missing a lot. The fact the game had glitched achievements annoyed me too.
Saying that I had a great time on the Red Bull Ring in time trial - I was committed!

Surely all the hard work was done on the last one - ie, next gen graphics, new track(s) etc etc. I wouldhave thought they will have to do far less work on the game this time round, hopefully leaving tiem for them to actually make the game complete..

Golf R/Leon FR
I had a go of 15 on my brothers Xbox One and I thought the graphics were poor. I think I'm too used to project cars.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^^ Yeah my mate has '14 on his 360 and when I played that I thought it looked pretty identical to '15 graphics wise!
Put Forza 6 on directly after '15 and it's night and day..

RS Clio 182
I had a go of 15 on my brothers Xbox One and I thought the graphics were poor. I think I'm too used to project cars.

Some tracks look better than others...imo Hungary and Austria look brilliant in the sun,and at a constant very smooth 60fps,ive been impressed with the games performance. I get the impression theyve improved the graphics with the various patches...it seems to be better looking than at launch.

Im surprised people were generally disappointed with this...ive been playing F1 games since the 90s and this is the best ive played..espeically in terms of AI. They got that part right this time and its a huge improvement over the last gen versions.

Its just lacking that depth.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
2013 was easily the best one, the handling was the best it's been, plus the classic stuff was great - granted the ai was a bit retarded in places but I loved it!

RS Clio 182
2013 was easily the best one, the handling was the best it's been, plus the classic stuff was great - granted the ai was a bit retarded in places but I loved it!

To me the handling is as good as its ever been in 2015...i play on a pad though. In fact the whole core of the game works well....AI,pits,tyre wear,fuel,weather. I remember the PS3 versions having a whole load of issues with pit bugs etc.

People are complaining about no career,safety cars etc. But at least they got the core mechanics right. Hopefully a building block for 2016.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
There's something not quite right about the handling this year for me.

Goliath I
Bought 2015 for £30 (refused to pay anything more). Really disappointed with it. Lack of Career mode is ridiculous, no Safety Car was a joke (Its like EA Removing penalties from Fifa) and that 3 second penalty for corner cutting? Are we just making up our own rules for a licensed sport now... The handling was also disappointing, on a pad you'd have to move it a bit before it actually turned.

And that whole excuse of 'We had to rebuild it from the ground up' what a load of s**t tbh.

I've bought every F1 game made by Codemasters and enjoyed all of them (except 2015) but if they f**k this up then I'm out. It HAS to have a proper Career mode, it HAS to have a Safety Car and really, it should a lot more.

After a game was released Lee would come on here to update us or see what we thought, not for the last game though...

Lee

BMW M2C
They're not excuses, you have absolutely no idea what went on and why things ended up as they did. Believe me, I'm just as frustrated as you are.
We're working hard to make sure we restore everyone's faith in the series with 2016. Plus if you don't like the next one, I'm the man to blame.

They're not excuses, you have absolutely no idea what went on and why things ended up as they did. Believe me, I'm just as frustrated as you are.
We're working hard to make sure we restore everyone's faith in the series with 2016. Plus if you don't like the next one, I'm the man to blame.

Lee, can you tell us at this point if it will have a career mode (like the previous games?)

Goliath I
Cheers Lee, that gives me some faith in the next game. I'm not disputing it was a difficult task, but with the promises made by Codemasters I had high expectations for 2015. And as I only really play (racing) F1 games it was difficult to hide my disappointment.

Anyways... forward we go. Can you tell us anything yet about the new title? As Matthew has asked Career mode? Safety Car?

Goliath I
Excellent news on the Safety Car and Career mode! From the above videos the game seems to be shaping up quite nicely. Would be nice to have some classic content like 2013, even if its DLC later on.

Will you have time to adapt the Qualifying to what the FIA finally go with, or has this already been decided and past the point where it can't be changed? @Lee

Golf R/Leon FR
To be honest I'd just be glad to have 2015 qualifying in no matter what the fuckwits behind F1 decide, as the others are pure horse s**t!

Goliath I
Really looking forward to this. I was hoping they'd introduce challenges of sort into the Practice sessions which results in earning xp or something and it looks like they've introduced something like that.

Also, Career and Safety Car is back, and the Virtual Safety Car is in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goliath I
Really looking forward to this. Been playing the past 360 games 14/13/12... I swear the graphics get better the further back you go! lol It ssems to have gone from being realistic to slightly cartoony. But I'm not that bothered provided the gameplay and modes are on point.

Golf R/Leon FR
Having looked at a few more videos, I think it may have improved slightly. However those videos aren't very good quality.