ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F**KING POTHOLES!!!!

172 ph-quick
Managed to hit a big pothole last night whilst doing 60mph and flatspotted one of my alloys badly. It was wobbling the steering at any speed so put it on the back till i can sort it all out properly, but just getting a big vibration through the car now. Pmsl when i was quoted £185incl vat from stealers for a new 15" oz alloy though.
Gonna have a go at claiming for a new wheel and poss tyre from the council now. Just wondering if anybody has had any luck doing this, and any advice if anyone has it? I know i should get a picture of said hole but im damnded if im gonna stand in the road of a 60 limit just after a blind bend so thats a no go.

also the spare in my boot is an alloy with a slight buckle in it. Shall i take the psis and put in for that too as they could have both been on the same side of the car?

Skoda Fabia vRS
no picture = no claim mate, and if you just tell them where it is, they will go and fill it, which will also = no claim

Mondeo TDCI 130
Potholes are terrible around here as this weather clears up, some f**king monsters appearing!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I watched an old fifth gear and they showed the proper way to go claiming.

1. You gotta get a good few pics (Different angles) of the holes
2. Measure the width, length and depth (Anything less than 40mm and you'll struggle to get a successful claim, allegedly).
3. Photograph the damage to the car
4. They also suggested that if you had any witnesses then they should make a statement.
5. All this should be forwarded on the your local council (But dont expect things to go very fast)

TTRS & V50
Currently in the midst of a claim against the council. Looking to go my way. Although be prepared to wait a long time, this incident happened back in July.

Pictures are needed though !!!!!!

172 ph-quick
reading through a few bits i think im just gonna have to do what majority of people do and give up. doubt ill get far saying my wheels damaged and showing pictures, then claiming the wheel costs so and so without a proper receipt to show. theres no way im paying for a new one so the for sale section and ebay are gonna be my home next week.
Would have been ok any other time but its going in to jms on friday for a remap and inlets so im not cancelling that. being poor FTL:(

172 ph-quick
Currently in the midst of a claim against the council. Looking to go my way. Although be prepared to wait a long time, this incident happened back in July.

Pictures are needed though !!!!!!

Another reason im giving up too. Its a really busy road with no paths and a 60 limit. i dont fancy getting killed in the hope the council may pay out.

TTRS & V50
Surely early on a sunday morning its not busy ?

But still, not work getting knocked over for it.

Although you don't have to get close, side of the road shot, then a zoom shot should be fine.

Mk2 Clio 1.6
make sure you take a photo, if you dont and you just state where it is, they will go and fill it in and you will have no proof.

172 ph-quick
probably be filled in by sunday, and start work early and finish in the dark this week so no real time to get a pic unfortunately. my wheels similar but not quite as bad as the mondeo one on bbc just now. its managed to chip the paint off the wheel where the rim meets the spoke though so gonna have to get it off soon incase of stress fracture.

Not got a car
Awesome I needed a link like that!

The only trouble is the pot hole, (which is very deep) is on a busy road into the main town centre.

Not got a car
Yes, I banged down into it the other night and its knocked my steering off centre and most prob knocked the alignment off.

Im going to get some photos, cos i aint paying for it