ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extreme 182 exhaust rattle on idle

182 FF
Hey guys, i accidentally knocked the exhaust backbox whilst poking around underneath looking for a jacking point to fit my rear springs, in the end i used a large bar, but ever since then i've had an extreme exhaust rattle on idle/tickover, my idle is lumpy as on idle which probably exaggerates the problem slightly but it comes on and off when stationary and is loud enough to hear from inside the car and from about a couple of metres away from the car, i've had a look underneath whilst it's still running and it sounds like something is loose or needs adjusting, someone has even told me there may be a loose baffle somewhere but all that was disturbed was the backbox when i knocked it accidentally and had to fiddle it around to adjust it, can anyone help?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Check all the heatshields first, the ones above the backbox love to rust through and dangle down.