ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Smoke

Black/Gold 182
How much is a sensible amount of exhaust smoke/fumes when pulling away from lights quickly in cold weather (warm engine obviously). Would you say not being able to see out the back is a worry? Car's a 182 btw.

S2000
I would say it's worrying. Someone will probably give you a better answer but I wouldn't think it should be anywhere near that bad.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol im having the same problem with my 1.2 16V think its burning oil, i cant see out the back window if its a cold day, seems to be better when its up to temperature but at cold its crazy, mine had clogged oil breather pipes which was causing oil to get into the inlet manifold and burn so i think its happened again.

GTi
If you have the standard the exhaust then this is normal. It is just condensation. Used to have it on mine before the new exhaust...bit embarassing as everyone thinks your car is knackered!!!

Arctic bl. 182 & pac
Mine pushes a lot of water/vapour when caning. It even sticks to back window and streaks down. Std exhaust in mine.

I think it will be worse if u drive relatively short distances at a time.

Don't worry about it, it's just condensated water (I hope :D)

Martin_89 said:
lol im having the same problem with my 1.2 16V think its burning oil, i cant see out the back window if its a cold day, seems to be better when its up to temperature but at cold its crazy, mine had clogged oil breather pipes which was causing oil to get into the inlet manifold and burn so i think its happened again.

where are the oil breather pipes one the 1.2s as far as i was aware it didnt have any a route is moulded into the inlet/rocker cover for them to travel up and its isn't really something you can clean?

sorry to change the subject like everyone says its totally normally watch any car they all do it on cold mornings

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
it was my mate that sorted mine so im not totaly sure but he took the inlet manifold off and it was at this part that it was clogged, not sure how he cleaned them

193 mk2
have you topped up your oil lately, if so you probably over filled it! just a thought!