ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Silencing - Clio 172 mk2 ph2

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Hello all,

I've got a KTec Stealth exhaust which is great exhaust, however I'm after something a lot quieter.

Are the standard exhausts worth it? My previous one lasted less than 24,000 miles from new and I don't want to purchase one (used or new) when it's just going to fail.

What should I be looking to pay for a standard exhaust, both new and used?

Are there any aftermarket exhausts that are quiet that are worth looking at?

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Wow, Daveski you're fast.. You replied to my OcUK post on house, car or silenced exhaust. We had a chat about the Ninja but I don't think it's worth it.

How much is a new / used exhaust?

From Renault its a small fortune, probably get one from a motor factors a bit cheaper but as you've already said, they dont last long.

Thought about a custom exhaust? There's powerflow and longlife dealers in Nottingham who could make you one up plus there's other companys further away like Prospeed in Cardiff which seems to have a good reputation on here

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I have a mate whose Dad owns his own exhaust company so could have a word with him but he makes them for all sorts of exotic cars so I assume it'll be ridiculously expensive.

172 cup
Try ets mate, they've got branches over midlands had catback system on my 172 custom made and fitted for £300 at the derby branch

ktec stealth but the quiet one .....however if you think the btb is expensive your not going to consider the ktec either i suspect

172 ph2
whatever you do, make sure it's not a Euroflo... I just put on a mild steel back box and it's louder than the one I took off that had a massive hole in it. Taking it back as soon as I get another.

Can anyone vouch for the eurocarparts standard back box - made by react?

Black Gold Trophy
If it's like anything else from euro car parts, it'll be absolute turd.

Powerflow are crap aswell, two cars I have bought in the past have had them fitted, and I was working on a mate's car who also had one fitted the other day and noticed how they had reused the original mild steel flanges in his nice new 'stainless' exhaust.

I would go for the BTB, you get what you pay for.