ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Silencer Issues

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
recently had an mot and one of the things its failed on is rear exhaust silencer

• Rear Exhaust has a major leak of exhaust gases (6.1.2 (a))

and one of the advisories was the exhaust is hitting the axle.

• rear exhaust fouling body

i bought a new exhaust silencer and fitted that this evening but the exhaust is still really close to hitting the axle. it looks to me like the centre exhaust section is slightly too long, 50mm or so which means the bend in the silencer to clear the axle isn't over the axle like it should be . the centre section came with the car when i bought it , the car has been a project car for the last 2 years so may be the wrong mid section? need help figuring out whats going on

pics below. i did notice the exhaust silencer was on a slight angle so since taking the picture have made level which has centred the exhaust better over the exhaust shield and the exhaust is now slightly higher, maybe 5mm?

IMG_20180613_180300022.jpgIMG_20180613_181023893.jpg

i do think the centre section is incorrect as the centre hanger is at an angle.

IMG_20180613_180322999.jpg

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
i've ended up buying a new centre exhaust and it's a much better fit. will get pics up for anyone who may come against these same issue as me.