ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust rubbers

PB Clio 172
My exhaust rubbers in the clamp on the back has snapped yet again. They only seem to last 6 months ish. Just wondered if this was a bit of a common fault for Renault as its pretty rubbish really. Fed up with them snapping all the time. The guy at the garage said that the back box is quite heavy for the car and that puts a lot of pressure on the exhaust mount. I have a standard exhaust aswell. Anything else I can do because its annoying !

SQ5
Very common covered on here a lot.

Get some cable ties to hold the mount up inside the rubber parts, can also use hose and old sockets

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
They are absolute pants. The socket bodge looks pretty sturdy tho (I think there's a pic on Emma's 'Officially a sheep' thread).

I just bought a new mount from ECP and it does feel quite stern, a lot better than the one's I've bought before from local Motor factors which lasted about 1 month!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Ive found the springs from a 106 gti/VTS exhaust manifold to cat work well when cable tied in. Cut them down a bit first though and they give a bit that bit of compression/flex you need

PB Clio 172
ideal thanks for all the help ! Will try some out ! I had a twin exhaust like you Emma got rid of it and it still broke on the mount !

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
http://img.tapatalk.com/d4b78071-33a6-cb97.jpg

Just be a boss and get a solid one!

d4b78071-33a6-cb97.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Anyone got a scorpion cat back (not RS192 I don't think?), the 3.5" inward rolled one - and fabricated a mount to make the exhaust sit up higher to fit into a bumper recess?

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Anyone got a scorpion cat back (not RS192 I don't think?), the 3.5" inward rolled one - and fabricated a mount to make the exhaust sit up higher to fit into a bumper recess?

Does it come in two pieces? if so just twist it like I did on my car.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Does it come in two pieces? if so just twist it like I did on my car.

yeah it did mate. ive seen a couple for sale on here, it hangs quite low and only has one mounting bracket on the backbox. Surprisingly quiet for such a big tailpipe! Anyway, yeah that's the one. How do you mean 'twist it'? Sorry I'm not the person fitting it but I'll be watchin my mate fettle it tomorro.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
yeah it did mate. ive seen a couple for sale on here, it hangs quite low and only has one mounting bracket on the backbox. Surprisingly quiet for such a big tailpipe! Anyway, yeah that's the one. How do you mean 'twist it'? Sorry I'm not the person fitting it but I'll be watchin my mate fettle it tomorro.

Well on the join where you clamp it (near the rear beam) you can twist the backbox, which raises the tailpipe up. It also makes the backbox slanted so don't do it too much or you will see it from underneath the car.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ahhhh! So as a result you mean, you will have the scorpion emobossed logo a bit skewiff? Not that that's an issue I'm just trying to get what you're meaning. Cheers mate, will do that.