ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*exhaust rattle* :S

just got me lowering springs n zorst fitted of a m8 of mine who is a traveller and has a broken leg for £30!!!!

lol

the exhaust is an aftermarket one for a clio and not 1 of these universal jobbies.

The pipe from the backbox rattles off my back axle over bumps

but when i have a full car it doesnt rattle as much

ive been told i can stop this by cutting into the bumper and makin the zorst sit higher,but i dont wanna mess with me bumper

does any1 know anyways to stop the pipe from hittin the rear beam?

thanks

dan

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

They all tend to be like this on the mk1 clios.

Best way to minimise this is to make sure the exhaust is sat as high as it can go

use decent (new) exhaust clamps and brackets - essential if they have worn away due to age.

Use some exhaust wrap or heat proof padding and pad over the beam part where it hits

Or as you say cut into bumper and move exhaust up even further.

Try a combination of the above to get ur best result.

cheerz m8

where could i buy heat proof padding from? as the the knocking is doin me head in!

cheerz for ya help

dan

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Try Demon Tweeks.

Motorworld and Halfords - i know Halfords sell a similar product if u look around the exhaust dept. i used some on my mk2 to stop an annoying rattle