ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust centre section loose

2002 Clio Cup
Back in August 2012 I had a complete new exhaust from cat through to backbox - all back to standard (after my lovely BTB was stolen by those who deal in scrap metal)

About a month ago I started to hear a rattling noise coming from the back. I thought it would go away but it hasn't!

I've just had a look under the car and the rubber bit supporting the centre section has broken. The metal hook that is welded on to the pipe is still intact.

The whole section from just in front of the rear wheels to the backbox is sitting about an inch or two lower than it should be and is vibrating and banging around when I drive over bumps!

I have thought about buying a Prima racing exhaust mount for the backbox but that will not solve the problem with the middle bit!

Anyone have any suggestions on fixing this??
Kris

They already have a centre section mount. Just get a new rubber mount from renault iirc they are now revised so slighty stronger.

Also replace the backbox mount(s) too, prima racing is a good shout but expensive for what it is.