ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust rattle fault....help!

Titanium FF 182 CUP
My 182 has an after market s/s catback exhaust (brand unknown) with major issues. It rattles on the bumper on idle constant.....so get under neath and twist the back section on the sleeve joint till its straight and away from bumper equally, job done i thought but noooo as soon as i drive down the road it moves back again. Ive renewed all the rear mounts and tryed many positions and angles on the backbox and everytime i drive away it somehow goes back again. Joints are tight and cant be moved by hand.......any suggestions please??

rezyguju.jpg

(Ignore the black horrid lights lol)

yhy4e4e9.jpg

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Its not moving further up the exhaust. I got a 172 at the mo its got a rusty clamp and keeps slipping.

Titanium FF 182 CUP
Ummmm well the tailpipes seem to be staying in line with the bumper and just twisting. I will put a mark on the join tho and check if it could be that

172 Cup
Will no doubt be the clamp holding the rear box to the centre pipe. I'm battling with mine, what type is the clamp? Your usual crappy U-Bolt will not be up to the task with stainless steel.

You need a stainless steel Mikolar style..

Titanium FF 182 CUP
Its one of the crappy U-bolt ones. Ill be getting one of them then as i cant stand the rattle any longer...with that and the olive on the cat working loose because of speedbumps this exhaust is a nytmare