ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Plate Thing

Renault Clio Panache 1.2
Just had new exhaust fitted for my birthday, twin exit sportex one. But the previous owner had cut a section out of the bumper for a single exhaust (guess).
So now there is a gap above my exhaust, i was wondering whether to extend the cut in the bumper or simply cover it with an exhaust protector/heat plate.
Any advice?
Also i have looked for these exhaust protector/heat plate but cannot find them, please help :D
cheers

Renault Clio Panache 1.2
took a pic on my camera but cant find the cable at the mo, ill get the pic up asap

RS Meg 175
Oooo i would just have gone for a single exit to begin with, but that looks sweet, i would personally plate it, cuz it you ever want to go back to standard or get a different smaller exhaust you;ll have the same problem but without a fix! :O

Heat Plate :p although cuting into the bumper might look better lol

Megane225FF
make the cut out to mirror the shape of the twin exhaust.. so just extend the cut out you already have, that'll look good IMO..

Renault Clio Panache 1.2
CRAGS said:
I would say who ever fitted your new exhaust should have cut it into the bumper to suit.

It was fitted while i was away on holiday and they werent sure what i wanted done with it so he left it as it was.
Cutting it seems to be the wiser option then?

Renault Clio Panache 1.2
Matta_88 said:
Oooo i would just have gone for a single exit to begin with, but that looks sweet, i would personally plate it, cuz it you ever want to go back to standard or get a different smaller exhaust you;ll have the same problem but without a fix! :O

Heat Plate :p although cuting into the bumper might look better lol

4 of my mates have mk1 clios all with single exit, i wanted to be different :D