ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust place in the North West

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Looking for a decent garage that can put a standard cat back on the car and also put some silencers into an rs192 system.

Pipewerx is the closest to me but i hear they have a 2 month waiting list.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm willing to travel if the rep is good. Theres a place very close to me called Danmar. Only a small place but can't see many reviews about.

I'm willing to travel if the rep is good. Theres a place very close to me called Danmar. Only a small place but can't see many reviews about.
I tried them before Cybox, 2 emails asking for quotes with full required specs attached with no replies so left them to it, plus as you say no reviews either.

Give Cybox a call as theyre very helpful...http://www.cybox.co.uk/

Reactions: RDH
  dan's cast offs.
cybox is owned and ran by a pair of muppets, company is a complete joke they are getting smaller and smaller. the lads in the factory are sound but the way upstairs mess around with prices and jobs is bloody ludicrous to say the least.

cybox is owned and ran by a pair of muppets, company is a complete joke they are getting smaller and smaller. the lads in the factory are sound but the way upstairs mess around with prices and jobs is bloody ludicrous to say the least.
Not in my experience, the price was more than expectable and the work was done quickly and of the highest quality for the price.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Wirral to far for you?

What place were you going to suggest mate? After some customisation to the Kakimoto system on my DC5.
Cybox seem interested but unsure after your review, they've asked me to go down later on in the week.

What place were you going to suggest mate? After some customisation to the Kakimoto system on my DC5.
Cybox seem interested but unsure after your review, they've asked me to go down later on in the week.
Just go down mate, what's the worst that can happen, they give you a high price? Once they'd fitted mine I wasn't happy how loud it was (very loud) and they changed the back boxes free of charge.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Just go down mate, what's the worst that can happen, they give you a high price? Once they'd fitted mine I wasn't happy how loud it was (very loud) and they changed the back boxes free of charge.

I'm going to go down and get a price yeah.
All I need is the baffles in the center box removing/replacing or I might just it chopped off completely for a full straight pipe. LOL!

Whichever is cheapest. I have a silencer bung in the exhaust so noise won't be much of an issue even with a straight pipe. It won't be much different to now, the centre box has just a baffle rattling about in it.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I've had a straight through exhaust on my old ep3, ears were bleeding

Lol I had the straight through on mine with a Spoon N1.

The one on the teg will be loud, it already is with an empty centre box but I have the backbox silencer bung so it's no biggie. It does a very good job!

clio cup 172
Pipewerx, in Latham just boutside Ormskirk, done many of car exhaust and motorbike, they specialize in anything, nice blokes, just google Pipewerx exhaust as ive spelt it, best in country, and don't charge mega money.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
@JB21 just been down the Cybox. £150 for one of their silencers put in, or £80 for a straight pipe welded in...hmmmm!

Reactions: RDH
@JB21 just been down the Cybox. £150 for one of their silencers put in, or £80 for a straight pipe welded in...hmmmm!
Presume this is just a mid section (cat - silencer)? If so just I'd just go with the unsilenced. I had a unsilenced supersprint cat back on my ep3 and it was fine. If you have no cats and uprated header it maybe to loud though?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Presume this is just a mid section (cat - silencer)? If so just I'd just go with the unsilenced. I had a unsilenced supersprint cat back on my ep3 and it was fine. If you have no cats and uprated header it maybe to loud though?

Yeah it's a Kakimoto mega n1 cat back with one silencer in the middle pipe and I still have the cat in.

I have the bung for the backbox too.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm idealy after mine really quiet as I'll be using it everyday and I leave for work at 6. Wouldn't mind it giving abit of noise after say 3k but I can't have everything!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
If yours is anything like the spoon n1 then defo don't go unsilenced. Earplugs indeed.

It's definitely not as noisey as a spoon n1 out of the box. The only reason it's noisey now is because the baffles are non existent and rolling around where the packing and deadening should be!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Thanks mate. Might pop down!

Had a work with Cybox this morning, they've moved a bit on price saying they can do £120 for the silencer option now.
Might go with that tbh. Staying sensible and allows me on tracks and to drive everyday without the bung in the backbox.