ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust on my 172

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
I picked up my 172 Cup last week and it came with a Cobra twin tail pipe cat back exhaust system, but its not really my thing.
I'm looking at getting a K-Tec Stealth system, but what is the difference in noise levels between the sport and supersport?
Any other recommendations welcome for a sporty but not OTT cat back system :)
Also, is the Cobra worth anything to anyone, or just a skip filler?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi Will do not get the supersports its bloody drony and boomy,i had that and swapped the centre section for a silenced and its much better.Also recently decatted it and its better with the decat and silenced centre.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
on mine the supersports was a constant headache,could hear it a mile off for all the wrong reasons,friendly garage should pass a decat,otherwise cat back on.I prefer the sound of the decatted system as its not boomy or drony inside,sounds a little more throatier

Clio 197
Hi Will do not get the supersports its bloody drony and boomy,i had that and swapped the centre section for a silenced and its much better.Also recently decatted it and its better with the decat and silenced centre.
+1

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
Thanks for your comments guys, definitely thinking about the Ktec stealth sport, what's the PMS like?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
By far the best I've had and I've had a few over the years. Just the right tone imo. Subtle on tickover and great on the move. Dear though :(

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
Do you have a link? What are those Oreca ones like? Are they Oreca as in the Oreca Racing Dodge Viper guys?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Google pms exhausts mate, be sitting down when the prices pop up. The oreca I've owned, was defatted and loud, 103db at a track day loud lol. Awesome though. Unsure on the answer to your question though

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
Yes, the PMS units are not cheap!
I have another question though, I looked at how the back box is mounted on my 172, and it's held on by two rubber O rings, the usual rubber type. I replaced one as it looked like it was about to give way.

But on the chassis rails there are a load of holes where it looks like I can attach the big 182 exhaust mounts, the rubber ones I the big metal brackets (I picked up two of these already.
I'm thinking that these 182 mounts will bolt to the chassis ok, and all I will need is the correct bolts - is this right?