ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Mount knackered

Evo 8 MR
Got this sucka fitted today;

NewZorst3.jpg

However not long after picking it up.....wait for it.....the rear exhaust mount failed (shocker).

I had a go at bodging it but it still sits too low for my liking;

NewZorst5.jpg

As you can see he's not used the standard rubber mount but packed in a new (ish) rubber but it clearly isn't working. Shall I take it back and ask them to order a new mount in or shall I take the rubber out and slide it into the standard hole and try get hold of some bigger tubing to hold it up?

Sounds the nuts though and I'm very pleased with it although I dare say I would like it to be even louder.

172 Cup
I had this problem, as you suggested for a quick fix put the exhaust mount through the standard rubber hole & then cable tie the other rubber or a socket under it to keep the 'X' in the centre of the mount.

That should bring your exhaust up a tad. Worked for me, but am gonna call in to Renault & get some new mounts soon so my yozza get's the mounting it deserves :approve:

Lovely clean car though buddy, really like the exhaust. Looks ace on the 172 wheels & sits just right IMO :)

Martin.

Evo 8 MR
Thanks guys, I spotted the guide, looks fairly simple, I'll have a go at it in the morning.

Evo 8 MR
This is how it sits now;

Photo-0004-15.jpg

Photo-0001-25.jpg

Photo-0003-19.jpg

Photo-0006-14.jpg

Photo-0005-19.jpg

Sits firmly in position now as it should but there is now a knocking noise on startup and whenever the engine gets aggresive which I think is part of the chassis at the rear which has about 1mm clearance from the backbox so I'm unsure how to solve this?

I'm thinking maybe stick the rubber I removed from the mount before but seing as it's thicker than the gap that's there it may be touching the exhaust constantly, would that be a bad thing?

Evo 8 MR
I was told there is an uprated bush for the rear exhaust mount by powerflex is this true?