ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust is knocking after fitting poly bush dog mount

I had this. Its hitting the sub frame. There's an adjustment on the front of the dog bone. The extending arm that bolts to the bottom of the engine/transmission is there to effectively tilt the engine slightly forward or back a few millimeters. Its black and bolts to the front of the dog bone. I think its either a 15 or 17mm spanner needed. I think if you pull it in towards the back of car it should lift the manifold clear enough to stop it knocking. If you have a feel round you feel how close it is. Hope this helps.

Clio 182 and Boxster
I had this. Its hitting the sub frame. There's an adjustment on the front of the dog bone. The extending arm that bolts to the bottom of the engine/transmission is there to effectively tilt the engine slightly forward or back a few millimeters. Its black and bolts to the front of the dog bone. I think its either a 15 or 17mm spanner needed. I think if you pull it in towards the back of car it should lift the manifold clear enough to stop it knocking. If you have a feel round you feel how close it is. Hope this helps.
26925df71f3f1ebc1889ca8c3286ac8c_zpsuqwist4g.jpg

This connecting bar jamesycc?