ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust hitting bumper surrounds

FF 182
Hi there,

Searched a number of things but can't find what I'm looking for.

I had a piper system put on the 182 a a couple weeks back and after it's first clean today it's been hitting the bumper outlets and scratching the top of the tailpipes.

It sits perfectly and has all new mounts, it is fitted incorrectly? Or is it a common problem with the larger tailpipes? If so what can I do to protect them?

Thanks in advance!

Many.
Most likely its a bit too tight to the bumper, assuming it has decent near solid exhaust mounts anyway.

Get some pics up of how close it sits, and ideally the mounts too.

FF 182
Pics would be a good start it might be the larger tailpipes

Hi mate, excuse the flash.

5asu6y9u.jpg

amumyrar.jpg

FF 182
The dogbone is knocking through lower gears on de-acceleration and this is something I'm going to address in the new year.

Could that be the reason then Alex? As the mounts are brand new.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Ok so I suffer from the same thing (mine has a milltek but size wise it's about the same) but:

I'm having full upgraded engine mounts including dog bone so nothing moves..
Also the rear exhaust mounts are loaded with black silicone and they're stiff as hell
My opinion is that the way the exhaust is build allows it to move to one side when hot. Maybe a flexible joint somewhere in the exhaust routing would make the deviation smaller I'm thinking.
But I think I'll just go for some new smaller tailpipes maybe 70-80mm max instead of the 90 mm the milltek has
p.s: of course all the exhaust and engine mounts have to be in good condition in the first place so start with them