ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust hanging kinda low in the centre section

Renault Clio 172
Hiya lads/ladies,

I’ve noticed a ‘sag’ in my exhaust around the centre section. It’s a Ph2 172, with the standard manifold, Ktec Decat pipe and ktec super sport stealth system.
I changed the manifold fitting Kit upon installing decat, I am yet to change the exhaust mounts/hangers but wondered if there is anything else to check?

Cheers guys!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Mine sits low in the middle, and that's with new mounts front to back. I think some of it comes down to a cheap decat which is slightly too long.

Renault Clio 172
The mounts have probably failed from being old and the weight of the new system
I’ll check it out when I have time, I mean it’s not dragging along the floor yet. And I’ve been driving it doesn’t make any weird noises or anything 😂

Renault Clio 172
Mine sits low in the middle, and that's with new mounts front to back. I think some of it comes down to a cheap decat which is slightly too long.
Ah okay, like I say, I’ve changed to donut gasket and spring bolts. I wouldn’t have thought the ktec decat pipe would have been that poorly made though? I mean it certainly wasn’t cheap for a decat pipe 😂

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
When you say, around the centre section, where exactly do you mean?
Is your exhaust sleeved or have you still got the olive joint in place?
Pics would help.

I've got mine sleeved at my cat/decat to centre section join and mine still sags. I'm going to have additional mount welded in just to take some of the weight.

Renault Clio 172
When you say, around the centre section, where exactly do you mean?
Is your exhaust sleeved or have you still got the olive joint in place?
Pics would help.

I've got mine sleeved at my cat/decat to centre section join and mine still sags. I'm going to have additional mount welded in just to take some of the weight.
Where the decat pipe meets the centre section. I need to change the hangers, maybe have another mount welded at some point

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You can rotate the centre pipe slightly to get it sitting a little higher, slacken off the sleeve on the backbox and the olive joint and give it a little tug, should bring it closer to the bottom of the car, tighten it back up and see how it looks.