ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust gradually dropped

2002 clio 172
Had a ktec system fitted a few months ago. At first, you couldn't see it hardly because the bumper is in the way but gradually the back box has dropped on the right hand side. Has a bracket come off or something? I've jacked it up and had a quick look but I'm hopeless with cars so not really sure what I'm looking for.
Thanks
http://s609.photobucket.com/user/su...oads/IMAG0061_zpsddnbcyyl.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Tried uploading a pic but struggling on my phone. Hopefully the link will work.
IMAG0061_zpsddnbcyyl.jpg.html

Last edited:
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
The rear rubber hangers are junk, new ones last a short while so people fit a poly type which lasts a little longer...

Once they give way the exhaust looks wonk...

2002 clio 172
The rear rubber hangers are junk, new ones last a short while so people fit a poly type which lasts a little longer...

Once they give way the exhaust looks wonk...

You mean the rubbers inside that square thing? Mine completely went but I've had it sorted now. It's hanging down on the other side now. The exhaust feels really sturdy though, it's quite hard to move, even a little bit so dunno why it's dropped.

Clio 182
Just have a look urself its quite simple how a exhaust is held to car if you look and think...see if the mount are broken or worn? ripped...

Mec 350 slk manual
Had a ktec system fitted a few months ago. At first, you couldn't see it hardly because the bumper is in the way but gradually the back box has dropped on the right hand side. Has a bracket come off or something? I've jacked it up and had a quick look but I'm hopeless with cars so not really sure what I'm looking for.
Thanks
http://s609.photobucket.com/user/sum-dj/media/Mobile Uploads/IMAG0061_zpsddnbcyyl.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Tried uploading a pic but struggling on my phone. Hopefully the link will work.
IMAG0061_zpsddnbcyyl.jpg.html
Just fit a puremotor sport one on

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Or you could just get 2 new exhaust hangers and fill in the gaps with heat resistant sealant , making it alot more solid . This is what i did and its been spot on . There's still some flex so the exhaust can move . If you do it this way , I suggest putting a couple of cable ties through the holes and round the bracket first because the rubber will eventually come away from the bracket . The cable ties hold it in place .

2002 clio 172
It's hanging at the right hand side, not the left. The thing with the rubber bits in that break all the time, that's fine. That's keeping the back box up. It's dropped on the right so the back box, instead of being horizontal, it's twisted to the right. Of you look at the pic in the link I posted, you'll see.

2002 clio 172
It's not working.
Ahh, sorry mate. Took car to garage today anyway. He said either the clamp where back box joins centre pipe isn't tight enough or what he does with clios is a tiny weld on the right hand side where back box joins centre pipe. He said cos the mount is on the left, the exhaust on a Clio wants to lean to the right cos the weight isn't supported on that side? Getting sorted Monday anyway, said it'd only take 10 mins.