ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Gas Monitor.

I have a 3 month old 182, only driven 1900 miles so far. Today my Exhaust Gas Monitor warning light came on, it will not reset. The manual says I need to take it to the Renault clowns as soon as I can as the car may be emmitting toxic gases into the atmosphere!!

Has any one else had this problem yet, if so is it a quick fix?

It does not sound too serious thankfully, any help would be great,

thanks,

Tony Shaw..

I get this now and again.

So far it could maen a whole host of things, depending on what else if any thing is wrong...

Does it idle ok? If the coil has gone a plug wont get a spark, causing the dash light etc.

Lambda sensor?

Different dirty fuel?

Mine comes on now and again, stays on and then goes off. The car runs fine. I have a sports cat (ktec), for me, it could be that. Along with SS cat back system and ITG panel filter at the front...

Previously, I have turned the key in the ignition from "off" to the last position before the engine turns, and "off" again, three times. The light went off! I dunno Renaults. I hope this made some sence?

Thanks for the help. Tried turning the ignition key to the positions 3 times as you said, the light is still on though. Car idles normally, I have not done anything unusual, the light came on about an hour into my journey.

Can any one else help please :confused:

Yaris Hybrid

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=144401&SearchPagePosition=1&search=warning&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchhttp://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=144401&SearchPagePosition=1&search=warning&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

If you read my thread you will see that as stated above it may well go off all on its own in the end. If the car is running fine like mine was then I expect its just a gremlin that caused an erroneous reading and the car is absolutely fine. I guess it takes a set number of good readings before it goes out again.