ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust for the 182

M3 SMG
I currently have a Janspeed on mine (purchased it this way)

I am so fed up with it, im 26 not 17 so i am fed up with all the boomy overrun interfering with my music and conversation.
is there such a thing as a non boomy loud/chavy exhaust for the 182? I saw a member with a silver one posted a thread with a "silenced" Ktec job and the tailpipes looked nicer than my Janspeed too. Is it really that quiet? Baring in mind by quiet i mean no boom at all. I mean none.

anyone shed light?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You can get the silenced section on the Janspeed as well - maybe you've got the unsilenced section?

Personally, I think the Janspeed is a perfect balance of noise and appearance. It's louder than normal, but not too boomy. I've got the one fitted with the unsilenced centre section and on my daily commute I have no problem at all with the OEM stereo being on level 10 or 12.

And I'm 35, not 17. ;)

D.

M3 SMG
im an old 26yr old lol ;)

anyone got a link for the centre section?

The janspeed isnt THAT loud. But the low speed resonation is annoying, especialy late at nite in my deathly quiet street

RSC 182 Cup
www.rs192.co.uk ;)

I'm well over 26 and hate loud "look at me" exhausts that reverberate inside the vehicle. The RS192 is no louder than stock at steady cruising speeds and never causes resonance inside the cabin.

I am so fed up with it, im 26 not 17 so i am fed up with all the boomy overrun interfering with my music and conversation.
is there such a thing as a non boomy loud/chavy exhaust for the 182? I saw a member with a silver one posted a thread with a "silenced" Ktec job and the tailpipes looked nicer than my Janspeed too. Is it really that quiet? Baring in mind by quiet i mean no boom at all. I mean none.

anyone shed light?

Give me a shout if you sell the Janspeed.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

anyone shed light?

Hey mate-

You have a bloody expensive exhaust on the car IIRC-

Get a standard LOW MILEAGE one ( try & get one below 30k off a salvage vehicle INCLUDING CAT)

the money you pay + fitting should be less that what you sell your decent one for IIRC its a KTR one-

take it to JMS-

Steve

Clio 182

anyone shed light?

Is that me by any chance :D ;)

I have the KTR silenced Ultra and it is REALLY quiet and non boomy, well to my ears it is. There is a smidge of drone at 70mph, but 10mph either side and it's gone. Or, the music drowns it out. All it gives you is a nice deep burble, on full throttle, you don't notice it's there and after 5k again, you can't hear it. I'd say the induction grunt from the Veebox is louder than the exhaust.

Where the hell is Berkshire lol, if you're anywhere near Yeovil, I'll take you out for a spin :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
im an old 26yr old lol ;)

anyone got a link for the centre section?

The janspeed isnt THAT loud. But the low speed resonation is annoying, especialy late at nite in my deathly quiet street

You might be best phoning K-Tec directly to make sure you get the right one? I guess my Janspeed does sound quiet after my previous Punto GT had a straight through pipe. Now that was loud, but tunnels and driving under fly-overs never sounded so good. Hard to believe that <1.4litre could sound as epic. :approve:

I left my OEM 182 system on for waaaay too long. I had it for over 4.5 years and I simply do not miss the weedy tailpipes at the rear and the complete lack of any audio that could be deemed as 'sporty'

Is that me by any chance :D ;)

Where the hell is Berkshire lol, if you're anywhere near Yeovil, I'll take you out for a spin :)

Lol - seriously?! Roughly west of London - so not exactly around the corner from Yeovil. ;)

D.

Clio 182
Lol - seriously?! Roughly west of London - so not exactly around the corner from Yeovil. ;)

Geography, not my strongest subject, hence why I got a D at school :D :eek:

Well, if you are ever down Somersetty way, gimme a shout. Everyone can say "oh my exhaust is quietest" but until you've heard them with your own ears and not from some YouToob video, it's kinda hard to explain the exact noise and volume levels as everyones ears and tolerances are different :)