ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust fell off! lol - Recommendations?

Monaco Blue Mk2
I've been expecting it! I think it was fairly new when I got the car just over 3 years ago but it was a standard Renault one unfortunately, so it was only a matter of time!

Well it finally fell off (back-box only) tonight so I'll have to bite the bullet. Although I had to wrestle it out of the rear mount so it wasn't just dragging on the floor on my way home!

Just wondering what my best option is.
I'm not looking for power increases etc. Not really looking for noise either, although a slightly sportier sound would be a bonus, I can't be doing with it being too loud or noticeably non-satndard.
I'm basically just after a replacement to the standard exhaust (But better quality!)

Monaco Blue Mk2
Thanks for the reply mate, My nearest one is Wigan though unfortunately, I was hoping for something a bit closer or Internet order. May give them a ring though if nothing else comes up.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The guys at Burnley are spot on , if your willing to travel a bit . It's not that far from Liverpool really . Maybe about 1hour 15 mins . Plus there is Motorpoint 5 mins down the road . You could have a walk round there and pass some time .

1 Caroline Court
Billingham Road
BURNLEY,
Lancashire
BB11 5UB
TEL: 01282 414413

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ktec stealth, order tomorrow, will prob turn up on Sat.

Better than something that is made up on site by some sweaty bloke in a backstreet garage imho :) not much louder than standard either, i have one and i do 2k a month ...

This assuming you have a 172 lol

SQ5
Ktec stealth, order tomorrow, will prob turn up on Sat.

Better than something that is made up on site by some sweaty bloke in a backstreet garage imho :) not much louder than standard either, i have one and i do 2k a month ...

This assuming you have a 172 lol

How many couriers deliver saturdays ;)

Powerflow aren't bad dependant on where you go. I've used the same guy for mine now (Powerflow in Bury St Edmunds) for 3 years and everytime is a brilliant job! If there is any problems like a weld gone, he'll fix it!

Can't get better IMO

Monaco Blue Mk2
Sorry, I meant to point out that I have a 1.4
MR BILLY - Cheers for the info mate, I may end up giving them a ring, although if anythin went wrong as djroberts says there a weld, it'd be a bit of a pain traveling to Burnley to get it sorted.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sorry, I meant to point out that I have a 1.4
MR BILLY - Cheers for the info mate, I may end up giving them a ring, although if anythin went wrong as djroberts says there a weld, it'd be a bit of a pain traveling to Burnley to get it sorted.

Like you say IF anything went wrong . I couldn't fault my stealth i had on my 172 . It's pretty doubtful any than anything will fail on the exhaust tbh.

Other people on CS have also commented how good their work is at Burnley .

Well its an option for you .

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
The guys at Burnley are spot on , if your willing to travel a bit . It's not that far from Liverpool really . Maybe about 1hour 15 mins . Plus there is Motorpoint 5 mins down the road . You could have a walk round there and pass some time .

1 Caroline Court
Billingham Road
BURNLEY,
Lancashire
BB11 5UB
TEL: 01282 414413

+1
I got mine from the same place and it is absolutely perfect:). I specifically asked for a quiet one and what I got was one slightly louder than standard (only when giving it beans!) and a bit more meaty.
When I first got it though it was a little boomey 4-5k but after a few K its fine and then just gets better. Don't get any homeyness now throughout the rev range.
Also say you were recomended from here and blag a bit and get a discount. My stealth should have been £270 and got it for £250:).

Well worth the extra distance like I did imo;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Pretty sure k-tex do a stealth for the 1.4 bud, Ive been pretty happy with my stealth on the 172 anyway. Get some pics up I wanna see my old seats again!!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Alrite John! I'll get some up in a few weeks, got a DSLR off santa so might try an get some decent shots. It's not looking too good at the min though, it hasn't been washed since the summer and my full size front number plate is stuck over my 3/4 (£30 fine d'oh!) and hanging off lol.

I had a look on k-tec before, think they only do it for the 16v though.

I need to wait 'till it's light and get under the car an have a look, I might get away with just a back box.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Alrite John! I'll get some up in a few weeks, got a DSLR off santa so might try an get some decent shots. It's not looking too good at the min though, it hasn't been washed since the summer and my full size front number plate is stuck over my 3/4 (£30 fine d'oh!) and hanging off lol.

I had a look on k-tec before, think they only do it for the 16v though.

I need to wait 'till it's light and get under the car an have a look, I might get away with just a back box.

Tbh mate . I wouldn't just change the back box . If its rusting i'd change the lot .

Monaco Blue Mk2
How much do you reckon I'll be looking at for a cat back stainless steel, nothing fancy just a replacement of standard?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

Thats fuckin cheap mate trust me , especially for a stainless one with a lifetime guarantee .

Ring Renault and ask them how much for a mild steel exhaust with a 2 year warranty then say OUCH lol .

Monaco Blue Mk2
Oh no, I understand that mate. It's just a lot of money to me unfortunately!
P.S. I'd never buy anything like that of Renault!

I imagine I'll need to buy a new rear mount off them though, seeing as though I had to obliterate the rubber to free the backbox!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Oh no, I understand that mate. It's just a lot of money to me unfortunately!
P.S. I'd never buy anything like that of Renault!

I imagine I'll need to buy a new rear mount off them though, seeing as though I had to obliterate the rubber to free the backbox!

Same happened to me on B+Q car park somebody came over and told me my back box was bouncing about on the floor . I never heard it lol :eek:

I had to cut the rubber off to free the back box . Powerflow made me a new one in with the price of the exhaust .

I understand its not cheap and these things do tend to happen at the most inconvenient times lol .

Monaco Blue Mk2
Sorry to drag this up again. I'm going to be sorting this out next week.

The more I have thought about it I just can't justify £250+ for a stainless steel system.
Providing I get a job when I finish Uni, I don't plan on keeping the car past this summer, I certainly can't see me having it in a year or more, so I'm just going to get a replacement of standard. Not from Renault though.

Where is my best bet, a local parts place or somewhere online? I've noticed there's some on ebay too.
https://secure.gsfcarparts.com/shop/results.asp - At the bottom, £39 for the rear silencer.

Last edited: