ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust discussion.

RB 182 cup
Really, this thread would benefit from a poll i think.
As a relative nube to the world of clio's im unfamiliar with the choice of exhaust systems.

Presently, my car has fitted a cat back miltek and i got with it a cat back magnex, both have fairly big tips which puts me off as though nice sounding, they look pretty chav-tastic.
Ive always been into my fords and 106gti's/VTS mainly so pugsports and kam racing systems as with all the big outwardly rolled systems you get on the RS stuff im familiar with, but the clio seems to have a different group of exhausts and manufactures i have no experience with.

Ive seen Ktech stealth systems that look like they are decent systems.

Are they good quality/nice sounding/good value etc?

I was hoping people would share their exhaust experience and what they have on their car with some feedback on them.
What exhaust system would you recommend for a phase1 172?
Discuss,

​Thanks, Matt.

RB 182 cup
Yeah there are two ktec stealth systems for sale on here now. I saw them and liked the look.
How noisy are the differant systems and how much difference does a 4/2/1 and decat make?

PH1 Track Car
Depends whether they have a centre silencer and cat or decat. Fitting a 182 manifold wouldn't be a bad idea as they're 421 stainless I believe. May gain 3bhp from the manifold? Complete guess really. And decays seem to just make them rev a bit more freely. Might be more beneficial on a 172 than a 182 as the 182 cat is basically a sports cat.

BG 182
Totally not worth the effort changing mani, its head off or subframe down to change it. I'm not 100% sure on this but ktec do 2.25" and 2.5" exhausts for the 182. I went for the smaller bore one without the centre silencer and its not chav loud but loud enough to enjoy it when you want too.

If you went same bore and same centre on your 172 then it will probably be similar, the dual cat and 4-1 mani might make a difference though

Last edited:
  RB 182 cup
The car presently appears to have a tubular manifold, but i think its standard, two cats mounted side by side and then this magnex system with a single mid silencer and back box with a large oval tip. Its not loud but burbles pretty well.

The main reason i fancy i a stealth system is to avoid hassle from the police. I havent been pulled for an exhaust before, but dont really want to draw un wanted attention.
So the BTB is one to look for.
Who else makes a good stealth system?

I wont bother changing a manifold then, may buy a decat pipe though as that would free it up i would imagine.
Are there decat pipes on the market that will bolt to the standard mani and to a standard midpipe?

Thanks, Matt.

RB 182 cup
After having a quick look, i really like the yozza sport and the oreca group N. The pea shooter type rally exhausts.
Reminds me of the supersprints you get on the saxos!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
After having a quick look, i really like the yozza sport and the oreca group N. The pea shooter type rally exhausts.
Reminds me of the supersprints you get on the saxos!

These won't be quiet :p Even worse with a de-cat, it add's so much noise but not alot else on a near standard engine.

RB 182 cup
The back box i have sticks out a lot. More than anything i just dont want the chav tip image. Being a phase 1 from the rear it just looks like a standard clio to the untrained eye and with the big jap can it looks a bit daft, call me old. The noise i dont think will bother me as i only use the car socially really.
What do the ktec stealth systems sound like? (may well buy steves) There are none silenced and silenced centers, then decats readily available. So there are three noise levels i suppose.
Decat and silenced centre the best option?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had a K-tec stealth system with a straight through centre section and a de-cat, was very loud, I wouldnt have another one for road use. I would never buy another K-tec system personally as it seams hard to get them to sit properly, where as my BTB Stealth sat perfect first time.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Just found a really old video of my old car filmed on a jap special cheapo £3 cam, this is very loud!

th_Ktec-Supersports-Stealth.gif

172 cup
The supersport version which I have is loud and like you say can be made to be more quiet or more loud (decat and silenced centre section)

Mine is with the cat on and haven't heard a de-catted one

01 Clio 172 PH1
hmm i have a ph1 standard manifold and cat and a magnex exhaust and i find it annoying cruising at 130-140km/h
was thinking if i should go with a ktec stealth system as well...

My car came fitted with a K-Tec Stealth, with middle and centre silencer.

To be honest it is too loud for me, cruising in the car gives me a headache and I don't like the sound.
I am going to be controversial here, and say that 4 cylinder inline engines rarely sound great no matter what exhaust you have. It is very easy to make them sound like a chavved up Corsa or Fiesta.

But if you are planning on buying a K-tec, mine may be up for sale soon when I replace it with a standard system.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
got the same as yours Symon on my cup and i find it quiet,strange i think some are louder than others somehow

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
With the stealth exhaust I think the exhaust noise comes back from the road and into the car a lot more. I am however going to only have the rear silencer when it comes to it ;) Headaches on a day to day drive suck but they do go after a few months I promise honestly.

I like to think the rasp of my old 182 sounded top notch.

CS2 PH1, Pug S16,
need advice.
I will plan to matching inlets and cut off the cat, and install 421 mani. what will be more better, install supersprint exhaust with 50mm pipes, or custom exhaust with 60mm pipes?