ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust choices.

Lancia Integrale
hi, over the last month the ktec stealth on my car has been getting louder and louder to the point were a dare drive it fast anywhere let alone on track :) what exhaust do people recommend to run? Im running a decat which will be staying so need something that is fairly quiet ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Luigi...are you looking for off the shelf or custom made? Also where are you based?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Looking for something that will be fairly quiet with a decat. I'm in Buckinghamshire Aylesbury.

You will struggle to get 'fairly quiet' with a decat as a decat is essentially just a piece of pipe without silencing. I would suggest custom made so that you can tailor the sound to what YOU want...but I don't know of any custom builders in your area. I would suggest ProSpeed in Cardiff...but it is a fair trek...(I've done the trek twice with 2 different cars from Telford to there).

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Prospeed or BTB would be my choice if i were you.

Dont get a miltek they look horrible.

Lancia Integrale
thats cool i know i wont get anything that quiet with a decat but want something better than this ktec i got at the moment :) Btb is fairly close to me- has anyone had any issues with them?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
hi, over the last month the ktec stealth on my car has been getting louder and louder to the point were a dare drive it fast anywhere let alone on track :) what exhaust do people recommend to run? Im running a decat which will be staying so need something that is fairly quiet ;)

How old is the stealth?

Sunflower Ph1 172
Just don't buy a Powerflow

dfeb6781.jpg

172 cup
I went through the same questions a month or so ago.

Ive ended up with a K-tec stealth, twin silencer jobby along with a 182 manifold and decat. The noise levels are perfect, its quite quiet when at low revs, so you can sneak away in the morning without waking people. But when you boot it it makes a great sound!

Lancia Integrale
yes think it's down to a new ktec stealth or a Btb. Ktec stealth is cheaper and can use the discount ;) but am disappointed with this one I've got at the moment...

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Overrun maps sticks fuel through the engine when your off the throttle, the fuel ignites on the hot exhaust causing a popping noise.

BMW 330d
Ordered my btb system today thou none in stock so have a 2 week wait, not fussed as it looks great and not heard a bad thing about them

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Just to add my two penneth,
i've had a Piper stealth on mine for years and it's a bloody good exhaust tbh,
the stainless steel's still shiny and they're very well made.

Mines a bit droney at 70 80mph, but from hearing other members exhausts at meets,
i've come to the conclusion it's quite quiet. lol

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
The build quality really does have to be seen on BTB to be believed!

Although I think i'd quite like the ninja version next as I'm getting old!

Sport 182
IMO I am still gonna say Milltek...mine sounds good not to loud but sound good when you put your foot down..fits well and is of good quality build...got mine from K-tec.