ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust blowing but unsure what new part I need (182)

My exhaust has a hole in the catalytic converter towards to rear of it. With my old cars that would mean changing the center pipe and not the back box but i've been told that on my Clio it is all one piece? What new part will I need to replace? I've taken a (terrible) photo on my phone just for laughs at how bad the hole looks.

DSC00344.jpg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
If your CATs knackered you can just change the CAT & a new clamp kit/ gasket-

You dont need to change the centre box ( as long as thats not broken)

Although looking at your pic & being under a fair few 182's Id say thats your centre section thats shagged

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
You are right though the standard catback exhaust is a one piece item.

If thats leaking, I would suggest an after market exhaust. Rs192 etc etc

2 peice IIRC

centre section to rear clamp
rear box that goes over the rear bench

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Thats because you didnt lower the rear bench-

I was under mine today- 100% its 2 peice-
THe reason they are cut is because unless you release & lower the rear bench you cannot get it through-

Most exhaust places will just cut though- especially if its shot to sh*t & your replacing it

You dont need to change the centre box ( as long as thats not broken)

Although looking at your pic & being under a fair few 182's Id say thats your centre section thats shagged

S

So it's the whole piece from where it joins the manifold (at the front) all the way to the back? Forgive my lack of knowledge.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-