ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust and decat help

Ive had the 182 BTB exhaust on for a few day's , it's got a lovely sound :cool: , but it's a bit loud!

Ive got a decat to go on too , but there's no way it can go on yet, it will be silly loud !!!!! will the BTB quieten down any , and by how much ?

Will the gain's of the decat be worth the noise?

Will i need my map tweaked coz of the zorst?, and then again if i put the decat on?

This is for road use so i don't want to be a magnet for every chaz/copper in Manchester:)

Thanks

With the decat it will be a lot louder I'd have thought Leon, all my decatted cars have been much louder with them.

As for performance worth the noise... well that's subjective, but you wont gain a great deal from the decat imo. Can you not get the system silenced a bit more?

And yes, ideally it will need a remap again pal.

Nice 1 Jon

How can i get the system silenced more?

Could i not get the decat silenced?

Get the map tweaked now, just with the zorst on?

Do you fancy a drive out later?

Thanks

leon

I think they can just replace the baffles for something more hardcore. Powerflow do this iirc and they suck imo lol.

You can get a silenced decat, not sure how you would silence the current one though without causing a restriction tbh, but I'd get the decat etc sorted before you get a remap, or you could be forever forking out on remaps everytime you change owt fella.

I'll have to see about it, I've got another house viewing just in case this one falls through as there's a couple of issues with it, but drop bell me or text me later when you're thinking of going out and I'll let you know where I am....

M140i/Orange 182
^^GDI do silenced decat, they havent got any in atm, i am after one.

not sure who supply them to GDI though.

VaVa
I have a Janspeed silenced decat on my 172 with my Piper/Gdi system. It sounds fantastic.... but it doesn't sound very silenced. lol.

S1RST/205GTI
Had my BTB on for nearly a month now hasnt quietened down any,think its the boot floor that amplifies the noise which resonates inside the car at certain revs and almost makes your ears bleed, annoyingly the system seems to be quieter above about 4500rpm from inside when accelerating,on the plus side its not too loud from outside and the fit and build quality of it are second to none and is the best looking 182 exhaust in my opinion.Still undecided whether to keep it or go for a Janspeed with the extra silencer and smaller bore pipe work

a thirsty one
get some soundeadening for the boot mate that should stop any resonating/amplification should only cost a few quid to do the boot floor under the carpet. i have done this on a previous car and it made quite a difference.

Silver Clio 182ff +packs
Had my BTB on for nearly a month now hasnt quietened down any,think its the boot floor that amplifies the noise which resonates inside the car at certain revs and almost makes your ears bleed, annoyingly the system seems to be quieter above about 4500rpm from inside when accelerating,on the plus side its not too loud from outside and the fit and build quality of it are second to none and is the best looking 182 exhaust in my opinion.

I will echo this opinion.

At first I thought it was way too loud and possibly not fitted correctly....but the car definately resonates inside and makes it sound worse than it is...from the outside it sounds awesome!! Got my girly to drive it, while I followed in her lupo gti :evil: ...it sounded sweet...and when she booted it...a lovely rasp appeared at higher revs (much like an m3 ;) )

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
The clio boot does seem to have a tendency to act like a big drum! Especially with the parcel shelf in place. If you go to any body shop supplies place they should have a pack of bitumen (or similar) sound deadening packs on the shelf, they're pretty cheap and you can paint over them for a factory look if you want to.

clio 182
i had this exact same thought about my btb.great fit and awesome quality with a good mid range gain in performance but a bit too loud for everyday use from inside the car for me.have to admit it was alot quieter after 4500rpm but hard to drive at those revs all the time lol.id definately say its down to the boot floor booming the noise into the cab though.i never tried anything with mine and took the btb off and went back to standard.

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
There are all sorts of tricks you can try, the other is to go down your local carpet shop and ask for an off cut of some premium underlay. Or as Fred said, a bit of dynamat but thats really money for old rope when the sound deadening pads will do as good a job if you double them up.

clio 182 cup
Had my BTB on for nearly a month now hasnt quietened down any,think its the boot floor that amplifies the noise which resonates inside the car at certain revs and almost makes your ears bleed, annoyingly the system seems to be quieter above about 4500rpm from inside when accelerating,on the plus side its not too loud from outside and the fit and build quality of it are second to none and is the best looking 182 exhaust in my opinion.

I will echo this opinion.

At first I thought it was way too loud and possibly not fitted correctly....but the car definately resonates inside and makes it sound worse than it is...from the outside it sounds awesome!! Got my girly to drive it, while I followed in her lupo gti :evil: ...it sounded sweet...and when she booted it...a lovely rasp appeared at higher revs (much like an m3 ;) )
thats mad same cars me and the missis lol 182 n she got lupo gti