ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel Help

Tesla MP3 2021
Not sure if this is a COUNTIF formula and I cant see to find the answer... maybe just one of those days!

Basically, I want to count the number of occurrences within a range of more than one specific text string.

So for example, if I had a range of data in A1:A50 and in that range the cells had different text strings i.e Yes, No, Maybe... I want to be able to return the count of multiple values... so how many times does "Yes and Maybe" show in that range.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers
Adam

Tesla MP3 2021
Don't really want to bog my sheet down with a pivot table tbh... would be better with a formula if possible :)

A4 Avant
You could do 2 separate cells with countif. One for the "Yes", one for the "Maybe". Then create a 3rd cell to add the two together?

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah I could, but the meaning of "Yes" and "Maybe" count towards the same total (I know not the best descriptions)... my actual data is for "Migrated", "Primary Migrated", "Back-Up Migrated"... I want all of those text strings to add up together, in 1 cell.